Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Overlander Gathering

stan

Hi everyone,
We are having the 2nd Overlanders Gathering on weekend 17-19 September 2010. :thumbup:

It will be at Lincomb Farm, due to the success of ELCO dos here and the helpfullness of Tony. :clap:

There will be evening fires, saturday night bbq (Hopefully hosted by Barrie from Waypoint tours), off road course, film/talks (Maybe?) if the weather is not so good, and general tyre kicking !? Its open to all overlanders, so there will be bikers and truckers as well as LC'ers. :mrgreen:

Numbers will be limited so please register and pay in advance, the details will be here http://www.theoverlander.org/component/option,com_facileforms/Itemid,73/
This form will shortly have all the prices/details now that we have confiramtion of the dates and location.

Hope to see you there :cool:

Stan

Stan, is the event going to be along the line of the RGS overlanding weekend or are you hoping for some vehicle testing as well?

Hi,

I am hoping for more of an informal camping weekend than the talks/trade stands of the RGS. But if anyone wants to do a talk then we can do it !

Also hoping for it to be more hands on so people can look at each others setups, test them off road and chat.

I would like to have some 'workshops' so if anyone wants to do a bit on vehicle prep, recovery, driving or anything then we can do it,but not in the way of 'formal prsentations',more of a 'lets have a look at this..', so if you want to do a workshop on anything please pm/email me. [email protected]

I am hoping to have a market place- the overlanders 'car boot' !, so if you have anything to get rid of brig it along, if the weather is bad we may have 'talks' or films in the 'berber tent' i will pitch..

I am getting details and a payment form put up on http://www.theoverlander.org this week

But generally its a fire and a 'crack' :mrgreen:

Hi all,

Just to clarify a few points !

This is a weekend for people interested in 'vehicle based travel' organised by theoverlander.org !

It will be different from the ELCO weekends in that there will be a mix of vehicles, and is not meant in any way to detract from the ELCO do's, but to offer something different, focusing on Overland Travel :thumbup:

I know the venue has been exclusive to ELCO and i appreciate being able to use it for the Overlander Gathering as its a great place for us to have our event !

Cheers
Stan

Would have been really keen for this. Unfortunately I will be in Portugal :(

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We should be there Stan, just tell Jake that I'm bringing a MASSIVE water pistol!!!

Andy & Joolie

Sounds good.

How much will it cost?

I'll be there Stan, I've just registered on the Overlander site, save me an Overlander sweatshirt in the Overlanders 'car boot sale' I'm looking forward to sampling Barrie Dunbars BBQ again. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Hi
Should have the booking form up on the site this week.

Prices are as follows;

Fri night; Car and driver £20 /passengers £ 10pp
Sat night; Car and driver £20 / passengers £10 pp

Day visitor £ 10 pp (9-5)

'Farm Drive' offroad course incliuded in the fee (places are limited)

Sat eve bbq hosted by waypoint tours £ 15pp

When the formis up and running please book there as we can only take advanced bookings...

I will post moreinfo on whats going on over the weekend shortly, just on my way back from a visit to the site and a meet up with Tony :thumbup:

Chhers Stan
Andy -told jake you have a water cannon fitted on the cruiser, hes worried :mrgreen:

Hi Stan,
I just filled in the online booking form and opted for payment by PayPal but didn't get a page to pay from, can you steer me in the right direction?
Chas

Stan,

youve started me thinking now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy

I'm away in Munich for Oktoberfest but it sounds like an awesome event - gutted I can't make it cause things are really starting to take shape for our Africa trip.. Enjoy guys! ;)

So many events going on.....

Who is actually going from here?

Is there going to be free stickers :dance:

Free stickers come from Crispin :cool: * wink wink nudge Crispin *

Right, the form is up and running, the paypal bit is working :shock: so get signed up!!

More details of whats going on to follow..

FREE Overlander stickers to for all who make it :mrgreen:

Had an idea of Landrover Vs Cruiser Rounders :lol: or something silly like that :thumbup:

Im Booked & Paid!!!!

Andy

Nice one :D

Getting a special water cannon for the truck (Think they used them for crowd control :o )

Jakes request...

It sounds like my thoughts on a water pistol are a bit puny, from what you say it looks like I might need full riot protection gear!!................or a wet suit

Back