Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

the straight through crew.

:icon-biggrin:
Emissions slightly up, don't know why that is:whistle:. Tester still commented on how "clean" it was compared to other old diesels.
IMG_20191203_122213.jpg

Another “straight through” on the Berg today. Does that count?

F002A94B-8CB9-4CF1-BE73-1ED06365615C.png

This one did. Much less to check on a bike of course so it’s much easier to get a good idea of overall condition with a quick look round then check brakes, lights, bearings. When a bike is presented clean with a well oiled and adjusted chain, decent tyres etc it’s a pretty good indication that it gets decent maintenance. Never had the emissions checked on a bike yet, possibly because I’ve never owned a really old one.

My very trusty 1991 81 literally flew through this early evening! The tester was impressed with how little rust there is on the underside after testing a lot of jap pick ups! Even more impressed with the emission level of 0.16 after driving it to do the brake test..

Super awesome to have it back otr!:icon-biggrin::thumbup:

Despite living a cruel and hard life , being constantly overloaded and being asked to go where no 2WD van should go and often getting there .... my 160K mile Fiat Ducato work van sailed through the test with no advisories today .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
24V Auto's turn, not done a lot of miles due to sharing duties with the 120 and 80 manual, oh and being laid up since the last Lincomb meeting with the heater matrix swap jobbie.
As expected passed no advisories after the work carried out last summer.

IMG_1889.JPG
IMG_1890 (2).JPG

Yaris next week.

Last edited:
The truck needed a service and there wasn’t time to quibble, so I drove it the 110km to Bucharest on Monday, sat waiting for 2 hours while they did a full engine service and got the handbrake working... then I drove it to the ITP (MOT) tester, and it passed :dance:
Yay, good for another year:lol:

I've been doing a bit of fettling lately with the new bushes, brake checks and a good look round underneath etc, usual pre-MOT stuff even though I've just had the MOT expiry date extended from the end of April to the end of October. My usual MOT place is open again after a short closure but I'm not sure if it's for essential service vehicles/personell only.

Took my bike for MOT and the bloke couldn't touch the floor. I meant to mention the horn to him. Too late. He pressed it inside the shed. Denali sound bombs should really come with liability insurance. Still, it gave them all a laugh.

on the other hand, i've yet to get my MOT first time as far as I can recall. Always something small - last week they got me on windscreen wipers, and the indicator on the bull bar. Last year it was a single bush. The year before it was the brake light bulb....
Yeah, I know that feeling Nick, going for Mots always fills me with dread, no matter how well I have prepared.

Same here. Seems you’ve got a rather pedantic tester.

Nothing wrong with being pedantic, it is often used in the derogatory vein, but I like to see it when it is used in a positive manner, he was doing his job properly.:smiley:

regards

Dave

Another straight through no advisories. Had some test but wanted peace of mind.

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

This little old Anglia was of interest in their yard, not bad condition for 56 years young.
IMG_2056.JPG

Back