Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

They're a funny colour

Gary820

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Well if you've ever wondered what colour con rods turn with no oil you're in for a treat.....

20171103_134114.jpg

20171103_134109.jpg

One dead engine.
20171103_140152.jpg

Nice shade of blue lol.
What's left of the shells are welded to the crankshaft, engine locked and pretty much destroyed.
Has a blue camshaft too.
Customer ignored the oil warning while on the motorway :icon-rolleyes:

Someone who worked there while I was working elsewhere hadn't tightened the sump drain plug, it's been slowly losing oil then the plug dropped out, it's costing us a new engine!! It's not the first issue of quality from the person!!

Issue of quality?” bloody Nora, I’d be wanting to deduct the price of a new engine from his salary, in installments, then fire him the week after its paid off.

The reputation of the workshop can be destroyed by only one such incident.

Sort ‘em out Gary, FFS :lol:

Issue of quality?” bloody Nora, I’d be wanting to deduct the price of a new engine from his salary, in installments, then fire him the week after its paid off.

The reputation of the workshop can be destroyed by only one such incident.

Sort ‘em out Gary, FFS :lol:

He no longer works for us. He left before I started back but was on the verge of being fired!!
It's costing us about 8k, that's parts at cost price and obviously not charging ourselves Labour.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As a motorcyclist who's come off on split oil in the past I'd like to have a word with this d******d. I guess you could say the driver is partially at fault for the destroyed engine but forgetting to tighten the sump plug is inexcusable, especially so when the customer is paying for the dealers expertise so he/she can be certain the job is done right!

This is the shells btw, been some heat in there

20171106_085928.jpg

20171106_085924.jpg

It snapped the bolts trying to remove, I reckon if it hadn't of seized it would of thrown a rod.
There was that much movement the rods had been catching the block (run fairly close anyway)

If the lad still worked for us he wouldn't any more!! There's no excuse for such poor work on a basic item, I've been told there was multiple incidents but this is costly.
Car now running with its shiny new motor.

A case of quality suffering whilst chasing quantity? Even so, that is a pretty basic error. Although I am surprised that the sump plug was used, lots of garages seem to such the oil out these days, and I'm told some engines don't even have sump plugs.

8K at cost, wow, that is spendy, even for a diesel.

Nice shade of blue though.

A case of quality suffering whilst chasing quantity? Even so, that is a pretty basic error. Although I am surprised that the sump plug was used, lots of garages seem to such the oil out these days, and I'm told some engines don't even have sump plugs.

8K at cost, wow, that is spendy, even for a diesel.

Nice shade of blue though.

I think quality suffered because he was useless tbh.
We have the gear to suck oil out but the approved way is to drain it.

Some cars dont have them, we have engines with 2 and some with plastic plugs (plastic sump)

should come in a bit less but that's the engine, gaskets, bolts that have to be replaced etc. We might be paying but it still gets done by the book, no corner cutting it's not worth it.

Back