Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

This diesel shortage then

Covered 900kms this weekend and seen a grand total of one (empty) fuel tanker on the road and not one to be seen in any fuel stations i passed..

We had a full compliment of full time tanker drivers (not fuel) and delivered all of our orders on time.

Something stinks.

Our village petrol station had their usual fuel delivery on Friday afternoon. They posted on FB to say they had fuel, and their usual Tuesday delivery would be unaffected. Plenty of fuel. No need to panic.

Posted on FB on Saturday afternoon all the fuel had gone and the pumps were closed. No shortage, just panic buying. I think BP had some driver problems, but no one else as far as I am aware. The rest is just stupid people.

Drove home from Dover to Chichester yesterday and no diesel at any stations i passed. Low fuel light came on about 40 miles from home. I use a tank a week for work so went out about 06.30 this morning to see if anyone got delivery last night. Drove past my local garage and they had a tanker delivering. I queued for half an hour and got a tank full. Watching the other drivers and they were only putting 20 or 30 litres in. They didn't need fuel! It's morons like this that cause the queues. I bet most of them don't use a tank a month.

Its all very well calling people morons, but we *do* have a fuel crisis (the petrol is not at the pumps when its needed), petrol stations are closed and people see that. We are used to being able to get fuel as we need it, but now its obvious that if we need it, we probably won't be able to get it. So you can't blame people for trying to get it early - they can't use the excuse that they had no petrol in the car when the bills/mortgage need paying. People do what they have to do - and personally, I will not blame anyone for that.

Yes - if everyone just bought fuel as normal, there wouldn't have been a problem. If everyone had stayed locked up for a month when COVID-19 started, that wouldn't have spread either. But life / people don't work like that.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:icon-surprised:
IMG_20210926_112955.jpg

:icon-idea:
IMG_20210926_113019.jpg

:dance:
IMG_20210926_113011.jpg

What fuel problem....
Screenshot_20210926-200001.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

120 has half a tank and the other car has a just under a half. I'm not rushing out there to join the queues.

Most around me have run out, although the local Tesco had no queues

It was a bit wierd on Sat afternoon, 3 of us putting LPG in, no other fuels but people drove in hopeful because they saw 3 cars in there, took them a while to realise what we were filling up with.

try the HGV pump.

i always full up at the HGV pump, quicker and the lever lock isnt deactivated, i clear the foot well of red bull cans and other shite while its filling up..

my point is a lot of folk actually think its different fuel and cant be used in there vehicles for some reason..

Where I live it felt normal, yesterday evening went to ASDA no queues petrol n diesel available as usual. Tesco has shortage but BP is playing up n increased prices

I don't think there is any change in the amount of fuel available, if this is what defines a shortage, but supply isn't matching demand. The demand increased four or five fold overnight as the media reported fuel shortages. Fuel is being delivered to garages but not in the quantities that consumers are now demanding it. I managed to fill my bike up today after four garages and fifteen miles of the range reading zero but a substantial number of garages in my neck of the woods are struggling. My local Morrison's were pretty efficient and had organised a queuing system and have had big queues all weekend. They were shut this evening though as they'd run out of fuel until another delivery arrives tomorrow (apparently). It's the same situation that we had with bog rolls 18 months ago.

Got the answer who this guy Phill is and what’s this crisis is about. Like wikileaks this is media leak which is supposed to be confidential n it appears to be a manufactured crisis like the sanitizer crisis and PPE crisis during covid lockdown

This is system generated crisis. I burnt my hands during covid without realising that was system generated crisis. Better stay out of social service n keep calm. I will cut myself from public but if any of club members need help around reading I am here

So, what's next at risk?

Bog roll, done. Bread flour, done. Diesel, now done.

So it's all made up and there is no supply problem?
And of course it's nothing to do with....

Deflect, obfuscate or just double down when all else fails - I wouldn't trust Mr Shapps, the man's a bona fide crook.

Imagine if people were commuting like they were pre-pandemic, I wonder if the supply would've kept up with demand?

I went to my local Esso station today, knowing they have run out of fuel but they have a Tesco Express and we needed some milk....asked when they might get a delivery. Answer was "Wednesday, if we're lucky".

Back