Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

This really is changing a light bulb!!!

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
This really is a climb like you've never seen.

[youtube:3frlra5y]tgO4Gd4RhvM[/youtube:3frlra5y]

Anyone feel comfortable watching this? I guess these guys build up to being this high.

that's taking maintenace to new heights isn't it ... :cool: :cool:

Imagine getting up there to find youv'e forgotten the !!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Actually we have posted this one some time back, but it is still terrifying. I like the fact that he says there isn't a quicker way to get down.

Altogether in a pantomime voice 'Oh yes there is....'

Chris

I'm amazed they dont, I would feel a little more comfortable at that height.
I had a feeling this may have been posted before but is deffo before my time. :thumbup:

Rob said:
I would wear a parachute.
Falling from that height you would need a special chute for low height opening, when I used to fly a glider we were told if you're below 1800ft it's too late to bale out, it takes too long to pull the release and then for the chute to be pulled out and open enough to slow you down. :naughty: SPLATT! :shock:

1700ft is plenty high enough for base jumping chutes.

BASE jumpers have to be very careful on antennae like that, it's not the height above the ground, it's the guy wires that get you, if the wind isn't just right.

I would say that guy is mad, he hangs his harness hook on an open ended 8mm threaded bar, imagine how much of a fall he would have to take to bend that down far enough that the hook just slides off the end. Mind you, he doesn't have any sort of back up at all for most of the top section so I suppose he's invulnerable to gravity.

Rob said:
1700ft is plenty high enough for base jumping chutes.
Yeah, but base jumpers do use special chutes and hold the drag chute in their hand while jumping which this fella wouldn't be able to do while he's climbing :naughty:

Well I wouldn't need either a parachute or safety harness....

'Cos you wouldn't get me anywhere near that.. :angelic-whiteflying:

Back