Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Till the wheels fall off !!

I'd forgotten about that one, Shane... big story here at the time.

It sticks in my mind because the knock on effect pretty much bankrupt anyone into haulage not grossing over a million a year thus rewarding the big boys like Downey of Island Drainage who can afford to make everything new every 6 months . The irony of justice is sometimes unavoidable i suppose .

I posted the story here as i very much doubt it has occurred to anyone that they might find themselves up on a manslaughter charge for losing a wheel .

It sticks in my mind because the knock on effect pretty much bankrupt anyone into haulage not grossing over a million a year thus rewarding the big boys like Downey of Island Drainage who can afford to make everything new every 6 months . The irony of justice is sometimes unavoidable i suppose .

I posted the story here as i very much doubt it has occurred to anyone that they might find themselves up on a manslaughter charge for losing a wheel .

It's a very real scenario, but I would imagine only if the claimant can prove gross negligence, as pleaded in this case.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's a very real scenario, but I would imagine only if the claimant can prove gross negligence, as pleaded in this case.

It was a criminal matter rather than civil so it was police pushing for prosecution . Of course it bares no relevance to the hopeless wanderers situation , it just sort of follows on from my view that the would be thief's should very publicly be charged with attempted murder if caught .

Begs the question though - if you're wheel came off and you were charged , how could you possibly prove someone tried and failed to steal them ?

It was a criminal matter rather than civil so it was police pushing for prosecution . Of course it bares no relevance to the hopeless wanderers situation , it just sort of follows on from my view that the would be thief's should very publicly be charged with attempted murder if caught .

Begs the question though - if you're wheel came off and you were charged , how could you possibly prove someone tried and failed to steal them ?

You couldn't Shayne, but you would be the defendant.

The claimant would have to prove you had been grossly negligent, innocent until proved guilty and all that...

Back