Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TLC HJ61 total reconditioning

Hey Oding, build is really coming out great!! I've followed you on mud, sent you some pix of my intercooler setup on my hj61 if you recall?? Anyway, congrats on this beauty. BTW, can you tell me where you sourced your pto parts out of Japan, I have one that I'm going through now as well... Thanks in advance,

JB

Nice of you to drop a line. I am just excited for this project to be done. But only a few more nitty gritty and I am off for a vacation. I got my parts from this store based in Singapore. I am really satisfied with their service. They get their parts from Japan and the United Arab Emirates where the arabs are in love with the Land Cruiser.

https://www.amayama.com/en

Had worked on these speaker boxes a couple of days now. It is not yet done as I post.

DSC03747.JPG

DSC03748.JPG

DSC03749.JPG

DSC03794.JPG

DSC03795.JPG

DSC03796.JPG

DSC03797.JPG

DSC03798.JPG

DSC03799.JPG

DSC03800.JPG

DSC03801.JPG

Reactions: Sag
Nice of you to drop a line. I am just excited for this project to be done. But only a few more nitty gritty and I am off for a vacation. I got my parts from this store based in Singapore. I am really satisfied with their service. They get their parts from Japan and the United Arab Emirates where the arabs are in love with the Land Cruiser.

https://www.amayama.com/en
OK great, thank you...

Got the LED lights bracket up. Wires still to be rerouted.

Before

DSC03601.JPG

DSC03602.JPG

DSC03666.JPG

DSC03726.JPG

DSC03727.JPG

After

DSC03822.JPG

DSC03823.JPG

DSC03826.JPG

DSC03825.JPG

DSC03824.JPG

DSC03827.JPG

DSC03728.JPG

:banana-angel:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sag
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have been away for quite a while. Last post was on May 24. Going down on the nitty gritty stuff is a pain. Got so many things done. Electrical issues has been solved except for the turbo booster light on the instrument panel. I could not get a schematic of this circuit. Hope any of you can share some experience on this issue. The orange light will stay on while the green light does not turn on. Momentarily, the green light turns on when ignition key is switched on.

Also one thing that has been delaying my project is the installation of a key-less and alarm system. However, I got a fix of that and on the process modifying. Just need to wait for the parts to arrive.

Meantime, I'll post pictures since the last one.

DSC03839.JPG

DSC03841.JPG

DSC03850.JPG

DSC03851.JPG

DSC03852.JPG

DSC03860.JPG

DSC03861.JPG

DSC03862.JPG

DSC03863.JPG

DSC03864.JPG

DSC03865.JPG

DSC03866.JPG

DSC03867.JPG

DSC03868.JPG

DSC03869.JPG

DSC03872.JPG

DSC03874.JPG

DSC03875.JPG

DSC03876.JPG

DSC03877.JPG

DSC03879.JPG

DSC03888.JPG

DSCN4995.JPG

DSCN4996.JPG

DSC03890.JPG

DSC03892.JPG

DSC03893.JPG

DSC03891.JPG

Last edited:
:clap::clap::dance::clap::clap::text-bravo::happy-jumpeveryone:

Woohoo!! Finished enough to drive it Oding. Fantastic! Looks superb outside. I bet you're pleased. Very well done indeed.
I hope you enjoy driving her now and we get to see pics with lots of other new backgrounds (though it is good to see your excellent workshop). :)

:clap::clap::dance::clap::clap::text-bravo::happy-jumpeveryone:

Woohoo!! Finished enough to drive it Oding. Fantastic! Looks superb outside. I bet you're pleased. Very well done indeed.
I hope you enjoy driving her now and we get to see pics with lots of other new backgrounds (though it is good to see your excellent workshop). :)

Second all that, great to see the truck out in the daylight.
Press on Oding, you're certainly getting there!!

As said above nice to see it out and about what a dame good job you've done looks mint,gather you still have the handbrake to do hence the rock under your front wheel:)

As said above nice to see it out and about what a dame good job you've done looks mint,gather you still have the handbrake to do hence the rock under your front wheel:)

the emergency cable is installed but needed adjustment as of the time. i was parked downhill so i had to place fhe rock. other than that, a few more twerking and hopefully it's done.

Well spotted Sag, I missed that completely. :clap:

Hi that is one cool looking cruisers wot a big job you have done thank for all the pics love It from Tony.

I haven't looked at your thread in ages and the truck looks great Odin :clap: incredible how modern updated and retro the painted dash looks :shock:

Sounds to me like you have an air leak on the intake side of the turbo so it can't get up to pressure but i don't know your truck so its just a guess .

I haven't looked at your thread in ages and the truck looks great Odin :clap: incredible how modern updated and retro the painted dash looks :shock:

Sounds to me like you have an air leak on the intake side of the turbo so it can't get up to pressure but i don't know your truck so its just a guess .

My problem is with the electrical wiring. The pressure switch works but does not switch on the green and orange lights. I really have to get a wiring diagram for the turbo wiring. My turbo works well. It is just the lights in the instrument panel.

Got the running board installed. Will show more pics tomorrow.

DSC03896.JPG

DSC03899.JPG

DSC03900.JPG

DSC03902.JPG

DSC03903.JPG

Good idea on the dvr set up,I use one of them on my shed.

Good idea on the dvr set up,I use one of them on my shed.

I had 5 sets left over from a previous business. All were brand new and I got all the DVR's and the Cams I needed. That is why I installed them. Just an added feature really, especially when you are on the road on a long trip.

I expect you've already checked Oding but the turbo bulbs aren't blown are they? (No pun intended :) )

I expect you've already checked Oding but the turbo bulbs aren't blown are they? (No pun intended :) )

The bulbs are fine. In fact the orange light stays on and the green light momentarily turns on during engine start. Definitely not normal. Been searching for the wiring diagram so I can get to the connections and relays, if ever there is.

Back