Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TLC HJ61 total reconditioning

Anybody heard about the anti-rattle part that is at the back of the ambulance door. It has one on the upper and another on the lower. I've been searching for a picture on the part installed on the door but somehow, there is none.

View attachment 21682

I can't help you there Oding, but I've got the ambulance doors on the back of my 80, maybe they're similar.

I'll take a photo when I get it back from its service tomorrow (if I can remember).

I can't help you there Oding, but I've got the ambulance doors on the back of my 80, maybe they're similar.

I'll take a photo when I get it back from its service tomorrow (if I can remember).

Thanks Clive, it would really help a lot.

The old bumper is in a real mess.

DSC01919.jpg

DSC01920.jpg

Last edited:
A little of the body filler applied for a smoother finish. Set to dry for at least 24 hours as the weather is cool due to the typhoon.

DSC01925.jpg

DSC01926.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Clive, it would really help a lot.

Oding, I took some photos of my 80's ambulance doors and sadly, I don't think they will be of much help.

The locking and closure retaining system looks to be quite different.

Facing the back of the truck, the larger door is on the Right Hand Side, and that has a simple (reddish colored) rubber stop mounted side by side with the retaining catch, at the top of the frame (truck body) as seen in this photo...

image.jpeg

Directly below, at the bottom of the frame (truck body) is a rubber catchment bracket next to the retaining catch...

image.jpeg

And on the door, to align with the rubber catchment, is this... (Note, the bracket with the hole in it on the right should have a rubber stop in the hole, but it's missing)

image.jpeg

The horizontal bar, when the door is closed, fits tight into the "V" groove of the rubber, limiting vibration vertically, and the plates each end of the bar fit snugly either side of the same rubber catchment, thus limiting lateral movement under vibrations.

The smaller of the two doors (on the Left Hand Side) has nothing in terms of an "anti rattle" device, it sits against a heavy rubber surround (which is mounted on the larger door) and just has the single catch mechanism that locks against the larger door.

Let me know if any other views might assist. Sorry if this is not much help.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Clive, thanks for the pictures and infos you sent. Base on the pictures, the 60 series has a different anti-rattle part. I got the anti-rattle part for the 60 but don't have the stopper that fits into it. See pictures below.

DSC01946.JPG

DSC01945.JPG

DSC01945.JPG DSC01946.JPG

Presuming that will be 67209B on the exploded view?

Have you tried to order it?

Presuming that will be 67209B on the exploded view?

Have you tried to order it?

I did and everytime I make out the order, it returns negative. I've been deep into the internet but no results. If I have a picture, I can fabricate the stopper with ease. Anyway, yes you are right, it is the 67209B, see attached picture for that missing part in the parts catalog. This one is for the lower part of the door. There is still on the the top.

MBK231C.png

Ah sorry i missed that it was the lower your looking for , what caught my attention to that number was it is listed on Toyodiy as specific to the Philippines .

Ah sorry i missed that it was the lower your looking for , what caught my attention to that number was it is listed on Toyodiy as specific to the Philippines .

I have been buying parts from Amayama ever since. So far, they have been very accurate. They no longer carry this part. I can have a machinist make the part if I have the picture.

705b225641bd93d7c408e7e648134fb0.image.200x122.jpg

Does this look a likely candidate ?

I am not sure. But this could be for the upper part of the door. I would really want to see a picture with the part installed on the door.

Anyways, I did some work with the sidings of the doors. Fabricated new ones.

DSC01951.jpg

DSC01950.jpg

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01956.jpg

DSC01957.jpg[

DSC01958.jpg

Last edited:
705b225641bd93d7c408e7e648134fb0.image.200x122.jpg

Does this look a likely candidate ?

Found this in the net when I googled,

Striker rear ambulance door.png

The stopper attached to my unit is this without the rubber

DSC01966.JPG

DSC01967.JPG

So I had one made and this solved the problem of the anti-rattle part missing and no longer available.

DSC01970.JPG

DSC01972.JPG

DSC01973.JPG

DSC01975.JPG

All I need to do now is to cut short the screw and thread lock it.

Last edited:
I'm quit sure the pic of the first stopper is not for ambulance doors, but for the 'normal' version.

At least I have two of them as a anti rattle on my upper tailgate

Almost there

DSC01984.jpg

DSC01985.jpg

DSC01986.jpg

Door handles too

DSC01989.jpg

DSC01987.jpg

Ready that primer.

DSC01988.jpg

DSC01992.jpg

Corner edge for the roof rack

DSC01993.jpg

DSC01998.jpg

Last edited:
With the little components, it does take a lot of time. These are all ready for the top coat.

DSC02002.jpg

DSC02003.jpg

DSC02004.jpg

DSC02005.jpg

DSC02006.jpg

The wiper linkage is still repainted even this will be hidden.

DSC02007.jpg

The Toyota emblem also painted dark gun metal. I can't wait to stick the sticker on the emblem.

DSC02008.jpg

The roof rack came out just bold enough. This is really a big score for the Willie.

DSC02010.jpg

DSC02011.jpg

DSC02012.jpg

DSC02013.jpg

Time to overhaul the brake and the clutch master.

DSC02014.jpg

DSC02016.jpg

A brake honing tool is really a must for overhauling.

DSC02017.jpg

DSC02019.jpg

DSC02020.jpg

Wrapped and set aside for re-assembly after the parts come in.

DSC02021.jpg

Last edited:
Back