DSC02111.jpg

DSC02112.jpg

DSC02113.jpg

DSC02114.jpg

DSC02115.jpg

DSC02120.jpg

Mighty cool

Last edited:
Looking good Oding. The finish line cannot be far away now.

Thank you for your comments. I needed that!!

I have started to put together the parts that have been finished, The side mirrors are next and I just had to lengthen the wires. I would rather test the power before final installation. :clap:

DSC02121.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

DSC02123.jpg

DSC02124.jpg

DSC02125.jpg

Last edited:
I got the same Fluke as you there Oding. Brilliant meters, just watch the leads as the insulation cracks right next to the plugs through wrapping the leads around the meter.

I tested a boiler was live once and my colleague offered to hold the meter. As I put the test prods into a connector he went hopping off across the boiler room, the meter went up in the air and I was left holding two test leads with no meter on the end. He's never forgiven me for calmly saying 'that's live then…'

Anyway, all looking good. You obviously know your way around wiring (along with everything else) looking at the neat splices with heat shrink there.

Last edited:
I got the same Fluke as you there Oding. Brilliant meters, just watch the leads as the insulation cracks right next to the plugs through wrapping the leads around the meter.

I tested a boiler was live once and my colleague offered to hold the meter. As I put the test prods into a connector he went hopping off across the boiler room, the meter went up in the air and I was left holding two test leads with no meter on the end. He's never forgiven me for calmly saying 'that's live then…'

Anyway, all looking good. You obviously know your way around wiring (along with everything else) looking at the beat splices with heat shrink there.

I got this meter 1990, when I went to school at Universal Technical Institute, Phoenix, Arizona campus. This was the standard issued to the students. One of my favorite subject was electronics and automotive electrical circuits. It is one of the difficult area in a vehicle. Splicing, connecting, soldering and insulating were basics taught in the subject of electricity. Troubleshooting failed electrical circuit is a brain twister. Reading through a map of electrical diagram has always been a challenge.

I am now on the assembly phase of this project. I have to carefully work on the wiring. This is a 30 year old car and who knows how many got their hands twerking on the juice highway.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think all my meters are Fluke. That one I got about the same time as you. One of the things that really gets my interest is electrical troubleshooting. Especially when I find the problem [emoji4]. Good to have drawings but sometimes easier without depending on the drawing and what has occurred since.

I have always referred to the diagrams. This maps made things easy for me. Only then if no drawings are available will I use the principles of electricity. But with the internet, nothing is hidden anymore.

This fluke meter has been with me since I graduated from UTI automotive school. I believe it is the best.

I got the other emblem sticker cut-outs from the local printing shop. Not bad!

DSC02128.jpg

The first one was difficult.

DSC02129.jpg

DSC02131.jpg

DSC02132.jpg

:clap::dance:

Last edited:
These badge restorations are great Oding, will you be laquering them to seal the printed matter, or are they final, as seen?

These badge restorations are great Oding, will you be laquering them to seal the printed matter, or are they final, as seen?

I still have to test how the sticker would react to the acrylic top coat. But definitely, I will seal this with some type of flat clear coat to make it stand through the weather.

A few more parts to go and I am ready in assembling.

DSC02134.jpg

DSC02135.jpg

DSC02136.jpg

DSC02137.jpg

DSC02139.jpg

DSC02140.jpg

DSC02141.jpg

Last edited:
Applied rubberized coat on the fuel tank. I couldn't find a flat rubberized coating in the market.

DSC02155.jpg

Last edited:
More on the rubberized coating. I realized that applying the coat and just when it is about to dry, rolling the roller back and forth, depending on the dryness of the coat, will get you a nice wrinkled texture that is close to orange peel. Helps cover up the dents and unevenness.

DSC02159.jpg

DSC02160.jpg

Last edited:
Attached the side panel nameplate.

DSC02142.jpg

DSC02143.jpg

DSC02145.jpg

DSC02146.jpg

Last edited:
Assembling the brake master, clutch master and the clutch slave.

DSC02176.jpg

DSC02178.jpg

DSC02177.jpg

DSC02180.jpg

DSC02182.jpg

DSC02183.jpg

DSC02184.jpg

DSC02185.jpg

DSC02186.jpg

All packed and ready for the next step.

DSC02190.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good Oding. I'm sure I would have dropped many bits through that grating in the floor if it were me doing it. [emoji19]

Looks good Oding. I'm sure I would have dropped many bits through that grating in the floor if it were me doing it. [emoji19]

I sure did myself a few times. Even dropped my camera on the floor. LOL :dance:

Started the assembly process. First with the rear emergency doors then the driver side door.

DSC02206.jpg

DSC02208.jpg

DSC02210.jpg

DSC02212.jpg

DSC02213.jpg

DSC02215.jpg

DSC02216.jpg

DSC02217.jpg

DSC02218.jpg

DSC02220.jpg

DSC02221.jpg

Last edited: