Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Took over a metal fabrication company, what products would you guys like for your cruisers?

BRE Fabrications LTD

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hey Guys,

Very much as the title says. I took over a metal fabrication company earlier this year, based in Welwyn Garden City, with two other partners. We are all nuts about all things 4x4, off-road and overlanding. Two of us are Landcruiser nuts (both have been members on here for quite some time). The third partner is into land rovers, but we tolerate him.

Part of our plan is to make a move into designing and manufacturing our own line of 4x4/overland/off road products. We voted 2:1 to start with the Landcruiser market...

We have some ideas of what we would like but would prefer to understand what a wider collective of like minded cruiser folk would want. So what products would you guys like for your cruisers?

We have an 80 and a 100 series at our disposal but are open to all series.

Cheers
Ryan

I guess it would be bumpers front and rear, under body protection, roof racks, side step rock crawlers, suspension components etc, as well as cooking equipment for camping, camping tables etc etc.
Good luck with your venture, it will beat having to buy things from Poland, China etc.

These. I reckon you could sell a few.

1600065717671.png

Best of luck with the new business.

Best of luck with the new business, and great to see manufacturing and engineering in th UK

Agree with Andy on bumpers front and rear, under body protection, roof racks, side step rock crawlers. Personally I’d love a rear bumper - similar to this, but which would allow for lights to be compliant with the crappy MOT restrictions not allowing the upper lights with a rear fitted spare wheel!

1600066280776.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'd been wondering who's it was. I'll mooch down later see if you're in.

I agree, front and rear bumpers for us with newer versions.
I have been looking for a front bumper replacement for ages but the only option I have is an ARB bumper which is not what I'm looking for. I really like the rival bumper for the 150 but they only have it for the newest face lift, a rear bumper with wheel carrier option and then probably the trickiest of them all, rock sliders/side steps that fits for us who have KDSS.

Good luck with the new venture.

The 120 and 150 series have masses of kit over in the US (Lexus GX470 and 460) and a lot of the manufacturers are showing more innovation than the normal ARB type stuff.

Recently Acayx in Madrid have produced some interesting stuff.

Might be worth having a look at whats on offer and getting some ideasfor products

I guess it would be bumpers front and rear, under body protection, roof racks, side step rock crawlers, suspension components etc, as well as cooking equipment for camping, camping tables etc etc.
Good luck with your venture, it will beat having to buy things from Poland, China etc.

Thanks Andy, appreciate that and the suggestions. Great idea on the 120 & 150 series market.

Best of luck with the new business, and great to see manufacturing and engineering in th UK

Agree with Andy on bumpers front and rear, under body protection, roof racks, side step rock crawlers. Personally I’d love a rear bumper - similar to this, but which would allow for lights to be compliant with the crappy MOT restrictions not allowing the upper lights with a rear fitted spare wheel!

View attachment 168302

Thanks DH.FJ120, That is nice! I don't suppose you want to lend us your 120 do you? Might be able to do you a deal on a rear bumper.

I agree, front and rear bumpers for us with newer versions.
I have been looking for a front bumper replacement for ages but the only option I have is an ARB bumper which is not what I'm looking for. I really like the rival bumper for the 150 but they only have it for the newest face lift, a rear bumper with wheel carrier option and then probably the trickiest of them all, rock sliders/side steps that fits for us who have KDSS.

Good luck with the new venture.

Thanks Hamba, the Rival bumper looks great.

How does the KDSS interfere with the fitment of rock sliders?

Thanks DH.FJ120, That is nice! I don't suppose you want to lend us your 120 do you? Might be able to do you a deal on a rear bumper.

Would be happy to be a guinea pig (and promote your stuff), sure that a deal can be done there if that’s a genuine offer.

Thanks Hamba, the Rival bumper looks great.

How does the KDSS interfere with the fitment of rock sliders?

I believe its how the KDSS hydraulic lines are attached and running along the chassis.
Some of our Australian comrades might be able to explain a bit more.

Can think of a few things that are done stateside that would be good done in Europe and even better in the UK.
Water tank for under the passenger side of the car, FZJ80 fitment :thumbup:

Long range fuel tanks? i was looking at a replacement main tank from Long range automotive. Covid meant couldn't get one at the time (had my tank welded). Uses the stock fuel pump/level sensor etc just have to extend it as a deeper tank.

Hey Guys,

Very much as the title says. I took over a metal fabrication company earlier this year, based in Welwyn Garden City, with two other partners. We are all nuts about all things 4x4, off-road and overlanding. Two of us are Landcruiser nuts (both have been members on here for quite some time). The third partner is into land rovers, but we tolerate him.

Part of our plan is to make a move into designing and manufacturing our own line of 4x4/overland/off road products. We voted 2:1 to start with the Landcruiser market...

We have some ideas of what we would like but would prefer to understand what a wider collective of like minded cruiser folk would want. So what products would you guys like for your cruisers?

We have an 80 and a 100 series at our disposal but are open to all series.

Cheers
Ryan

Ryan, that is fantastic news. Absolutely wish you every success.

Some front and rear recovery or towing eyes would be useful but would you have to get them tested or rated or stamped with offload use only would be much interested in a good rear bumper and wheel carrier for me 100 and don't worry about the TATA driver he will come round to a TOYOTA and the best of luck to you all with your new venture

Back