Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Travelling abroad

JonP

OK, a very basic question.

Taking a 150 LC4 abroad, I presume I need to change the dipped headlamp pattern. Is the best solution still the old stick on bits of plastic? Is it possible to adjust the adaptive headlights??

Cheers

Jon

I was over in France over Chrismas and use the plastic stick on jobbies, mainly as I was concerned about the legal side of things. I still got flashed (yes I did stick them on correctly) so not sure that they are any use. Most of the UK cars I saw did not even bother with them, so if you are only going on a short stint I am not sure it's worth bothering.

I don't think those stick ones work, but I use them anyway so if I get pulled at least I can say, well I tried.

I'm with Tony and Chas - use the plastic stick-on jobbies just to pass basic scrutiny. If you're driving at night on the motorways, incorrect alignment isn't going to make much difference and it's probably best not to be doing major night-time miles on the minor roads anyway.

This taken from another site but its how i normally do mine

Don't bother with light converters, just park in front of a wall about 10 feet away in the dark, turn on dip headlights and you will see two raised bits of light above what seems to be a straight top line of light. Use some insulation tape on the lens in the place that obstructs that peak of light. Do both lights and you should finish with a light pattern with a straight line to its top, thats it simple.

Paul said:
This taken from another site but its how i normally do mine

Don't bother with light converters, just park in front of a wall about 10 feet away in the dark, turn on dip headlights and you will see two raised bits of light above what seems to be a straight top line of light. Use some insulation tape on the lens in the place that obstructs that peak of light. Do both lights and you should finish with a light pattern with a straight line to its top, thats it simple.

been doing it this way for years.... used to work for a ferry company so over there a hell of a lot back then. found it far more acurate than some of these "beam benders" and alike you can get that seem to dazzle everyone rather than just the french. but.... be prepared for tape in odd places. and if you put a blanket over one light to do the other, don't leave it on there too long :) (a step ladder with a blanket over it or board in front is handy to do one light at a time.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back