Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Travelling with a dog

MHAMBI

Country Flag
south_africa
Just wanted to see if anyone has ever overlanded multiple borders with a dog, and if its hard with border crossings, especially in Africa.
I'm not sure if I would risk it anyway but was wondering if anyone had and how they found it.

Regards
Shayne

I pondered it at length and came to the conclusion that it was probably do-able if you are african to start with but a european customer could potentially run into difficulties.

I also heard about a story of people flying from australia to UK with dogs and the plane had to make an emergency diversion to some non regulated middle eastern country where the animals had to be disembarked (excuse the pun). Then upon arriving the UK they had to be destroyed. It was on an online forum somewhere. The moral being taking them out is ok but getting them back in might not be

In the end decided not to risk it so Africa is off the cards for a few years yet...

I'm so sorry but it had to be said, you would have a distinct advantage with either a " Border Terrier", or even better a "Border Collie in a Collie"

If you need a dog i'll get you one- plenty hanging around my local nightclub every saturday. Do you prefer short haired or long haired?

Back