Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyre Wear

frank rabbets

Guru
Just come back from France after having covered 2100 miles on a set of new Pirrelli Scorpions M+S. My tyre fitter said that the 67,000 miles that my old Michelin LTX M+S tyres had done was now a thing of the past. Having measured the tread of the Scorpions before and after the said 2100 miles there is no detectable wear; not even on the RHS front tyre side which took most of the strain on LHD French roads. In fact the little rubber whiskers on the treads themselves lasted 850 miles!

Frank

Lots of staright roads wont be wearing tyres out, the tryes will be old before they are worn out on most 80's

Had some of those pirelli scorpions on the G. Very comfortable tyre and they did last a very long time.

Take the point about straight roads but 50% was done on fairly twisty small roads with very sharp tarmac so still quite pleased. 2 of the old Michelins had 1994 on them!! and were beginning to perish.

Frank

I have some for sale if you want some more ;)

I have done just about 9000miles on my KM2's. My spare, which is unused, has 16mm of tread and the rest are all on 15. Not bad for mud terrains...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Paul. As the 80 will be doing few miles now I think I want less rubber, not more!

If I run over some spikes I'll pm you.

Frank

Back