Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

UK National Car Transport/Delivery

thelostscott

Country Flag
new_zealand
Hey all,

Need to get a car delivered from Leicester ways up to Cumbria and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on vehicle delivery/car transport companies?

Seems to bit quite a number on a quick Google search, but always better to go with a company that someone has used.

Cheers

I take it from that, that it's not drivable? Probably the quickest and cheapest option. 1 day insurance is about £25. Fuel, off peak train home. Few quid for the driver?

Is it a Cruiser? They do need a much bigger transporter. If it's a mini then there are far more options. You tend to find delivery companies hanging around and advertising at car auctions.

Sorry forgot to mention that... non-drivable and can't be towed, would have to be on a flatbed or something of the like.

LWB 40 Series Cruiser.

That would rule out a lot of the "roro" style transporters such as AUTOCAR who deal mainly in bulk production line deliveries to the docks or distributors as well as the public.

Try you local recovery place, they might be able to do it as a back load.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The AA provide this service. I was looking the other day and it was couple of hundred quid or so for 150 miles. Mind you that was with membership discount. Worth taking a look though.

Thanks all, that uShip service is a clever idea. I've posted an ad and waiting for quotes.

I had a look at the AA site, 5% discount for members. They quoted £389 for 198 miles.

After asking for quotes from around 10 different companies, I got 1 reply from a company called Zoom Car Transport for £360 which looks like the goer at the moment.

Back