Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Upset a land rover boy

Ginna

At frickley today tried my new cruiser out even though the lockers are still not working yet , upset the new Marshall a little bit as his vehicle is a challenge speck 100" tomcat , diff locks , fiddle brakes , space framed, fiberglass body , 37" Simex tyres , winches front and rear basically all the bells and whistles, over 30000k in it . Last time I went to frickley he made a comment about the land cruiser saying it was only good for big wide open spaces like Australia, cut a long story short I followed him today to the big hills he attempted a big steep rutted hill tried 5 times with all his lockers in did not make it pulled back so I pulled past him and went straight up first attempt , loved it then did it a couple more times.

Bet there were some big grins in your truck Ginna:thumbup:

Just a little and when I went up he tried again and failed ,

I'm grinning now and I'm nowhere near. [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] that's so nice Ginna, much humble pie to be eaten there I think. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Land Rover baiting is an official sport.…

…isn't it??

And they are in season you know!

Last edited:
I've some good vids of my 80 at Frickley. Certainly on the day it went places no one else managed. I'd post a link but there are some naughty words in there. I also managed to fill it with water when I went in the right hand lake. Oops.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'd post a link but there are some naughty words in there. I also managed to fill it with water when I went in the right hand lake. Oops.

You could always post it with some PC warnings Chris.

Can we see the link please? Ill put my fingers in my ears..

Gold stuff mate love the rear bumper if you come to frickley it would open yours eyes it's completely changed to those videos, some parts for the worse chewed up and rutted ,really boggy .owner said this summer he is going to get machines in and revamp the lot in the summer

It happens. Tyres get bigger and bigger and the ruts get deeper and deeper. Sometimes that organic change on a site is what makes it different every time. But it does mean that entry level vehicles just can't get round anymore.

I sold that truck some time ago. Was sold on again since then but it's still in the 'Family'. Was a heck of a thing. Re-geared diffs, 37's with front and rear winches and a 4" lift.

Certainly was Shayne. Never missed having a manual off road. Not having to bother about brake and clutch is a distinct advantage and once the wheels are actually going round, it makes no difference if there is a clutch or not. Autos are self preserving and don't allow you to abuse them to the extent that a manual does.

I miss that old beast. I have to say it did sound awesome. There is a bunch of vids from that day and all you hear is that music playing

Back