Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

User map

Right, well, map is sort of working. Couple of things I cannot work out as yet. Having the link "view me on map" is fine but I cannot get it to pass the userid back to the map. vbulletin giving me a hard time.
Also the job which updates every night does not work automatically. Works fine when I run it manually but when scheduled, it errors. Will try work it out in the coming days.

The part that does work is the map should centre on you and your pin should be red.

There are some other funky things I have found for the maps and will look at putting them in once I have the basics working again.

The part that does work is the map should centre on you and your pin should be red.
Well I am there and I am red but I'm not positioned where I live or where it was I originally positioned myself (Wimbledon Police Station)

Last edited:
Well I am there and I am red but I'm not positioned where I live or where it was I originally positioned myself (Wimbledon Police Station)
Your map location is set to "Merton Park"

Your map location is set to "Merton Park"
happy-052.gif
That's close enough.

Still not working for me and now I need someone in Burnley.

Any clues as to why Mr C. Using Firefox19.2. But also tried this on a PC. Don't think it's a Mac thing. I'll be dammed if I am using IE!!!!

Chris

I don't know anything about user maps Chris but my laptop uses firefox and for over a week i've been getting cannot find server every time i try to open a new page . The pages loads when i hit the refresh button but i cant find a proper fix and searching the web for help shows lots of others are having the same problem but only on firefox .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Still not working for me and now I need someone in Burnley.

Any clues as to why Mr C. Using Firefox19.2. But also tried this on a PC. Don't think it's a Mac thing. I'll be dammed if I am using IE!!!!

Chris
PM Sent

I don't know anything about user maps Chris but my laptop uses firefox and for over a week i've been getting cannot find server every time i try to open a new page . The pages loads when i hit the refresh button but i cant find a proper fix and searching the web for help shows lots of others are having the same problem but only on firefox .
How are you entering the domain? Are you searching for land cruiser club in the URL bar or are you entering www.landcruiserclub.net

Its not a problem with this site its every site i visit . If i put landcruiser net in the google seachbox it says server not found , then i refresh page and it works fine . If i type ebay in the google searchbox top right corner of this screen and click search it will say server not found again until i refresh page . I only mentioned it because i thought it might be relevent to the thread somehow .

In FF there is a way to change the search provider. Change it (puke) Bing and then change it back to google. grasping at straws but it could just be something like that with the default search provider.

I've tried everything firefox support pages suggest and a few other things besides to no avail . Over the past year i've tried almost evey browser and they all work fine for a month then start going wrong . I think its more to do with windows and google aggressively competing with each other ?

If you do it in one tab, then refresh and it works and immediately open a second tab and try it again - does it do the same or work ok? A very odd behaviour...

It is odd i wonder if resulted from a firefox update , if so could that be whats wrong with Chris's map ?

Anyway we are well of topic i just wanted to suggest firefox might be the problem .

I updated FF recently and things went wrong. V unusual for FF it's been fine for years. But suddenly I couldn't view online pdfs andother options weren't working. I have cured that - eventually and all fine again. Something to do with plug-ins. Do I need something to view the map Crispin? Other than simply a browser that is.

Chris

So I am not the only one who got the problems when updating FF and reading pdf's.FF used to tell me there was a missing plug in, so FF would read the pdf for me. I couldn't update the plug in, as there didn't seem to be a newer plug-in. But I didn't want FF to read it for me any way!!!!!

So I ended up removing the ability of FF to do any thing with pdf's just open the dialogue box, asking me to open or save.

Tools>>>>>Applications>>>>then set pdf's to open with Adobe, and not FF.

Gra.

ps I still can't open the "other site" it's like they have disappeared?~~~~~~They are still broadcasting aren't they?

Gra.

Last edited:
Chris,

Your map issue seems to be related to the fact that you're using the Land Cruiser style (brown one). There are some changes which were made in the normal blue one which could be the problem.
As a short term measure, if you go back to the default style (bottom left of the screen) and view the map, it worked.

I'll have a play with the new theme in the coming weeks and get more done on that as well as getting the map working for it.

let me know if the change of theme works for you.

CP

Seem to have cracked the theme thing, other than it wouldn't stick when I logged out. So have changed it in the setting section instead. That should stick this time. I have the map now, but no one on it. Where is everyone?

Chris

Oh Crispin, you biz ein genius though innit. Spot on my friend.

Oh yes.

All you needed to do was zoom out a bit. There are no friends (or other humans) in your area Chris ;)

Sorry, it was a bug that I left behind

Back