Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Viewing a 2004 LC2

andyw

Country Flag
uk
I'm looking at a 2004 LC2 tomorrow, have seen the spec sheet from Toyota for the LC3 but cant find anything on the 2, so need to know what it has in the way of diff locks trim and anything else that anybody can tell me.

It's cheap so will be getting it HPI checked but are all HPI checks done the same, or can anybody tell me the best one to use.

This is the motor. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

There was a chap a while ago who came with us to Salisbury Plain with an LC2. The main exterior difference was the lack of plastic wheel arch trim and the black bumper. IIRC, it did have the CD and rear lockers which the switch to the left of the steering wheel.

I see what you mean, the wheel arches are not the same, a bit like the Colorado FX.

I have only seen the commercial version in this trim. They get a rear locker but no ATRAC ( a good thing in my book). The commercial also runs narrower wheels but not sure if this true for the stationwagen. The rims on that car do not look familiar. The black bumpers will probably hide thumps and scrapes better than painted ones.
Hopefully someone will be along soon with more detail.

I have talked myself out of it, he seemed very vague on details, and it was a long way to travel.

IIRC the LC2 had the D-4D only, 160ps motor and the old 4-spd auto box. It came in cloth trim only, had steel wheels at 245/65x17 and as noted none of the plastic trim. No sunroof either I think. Most were sold to NATO, NGOs etc although some came to the private mkt. I know of one in SA that was an embassy vehicle. No Gps I think and maybe only basic radio.

Bumpers were not colour coded either

Coil springs all round with a locking diff but no ATRAC. Did hav ABS and VSC I think. Was discontinued late 2003 I think.

Other than that it's still a 120 and probably as hard as nails without a lot of the plastic bits!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back