Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Weights and measures - OEM Sub tank

hopeless wanderer

Country Flag
england
Hi Folks

Can anyone give me the dimensions of the 50 litre Sub tank and an idea of the weight please ?
I've managed to source one and need the info to get some shipping arranged.
Even a rough guess will do if there isn't anyone with one in the garage.

Thanks in advance

Well it's 65 L to start with.

Chapel Gate's yer man I think. Mine's all ready mounted but I think he might have one on the shelf? No?

Rough measurement is simply the space above the spare wheel. It fits pretty fully in there and sits on the wheel carrier.

13 kg will cover it, ive got a couple back at base, i can look tomorrow night if your desperate, let me know though will be special trip.

Thats fantastic actually, no need to go out of your way. The guy is stripping it out of a Tasmanian 80 as we speak and 13kg is well below the 30kg limit for the courier.

Thanks a lot.

No worries.

If i were you I'd get as much stuff off the 80 as i could to help with your install.

You know after reading your post i e-mailed the guy just that instruction. I think ill be missing the wiring aspect of it but i have all the pipes hoses brackets etc.
I have a feeling its gonna be a real faff on. Luckily i wont be doing the install for months yet. I just have a mountain of parts and no time to actually do anything for the moment ...

No worries.

If i were you I'd get as much stuff off the 80 as i could to help with your install.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
if your going to be using your spare underneath still, make sure he gets the bracket off the cross member forward of the sub tank, this is often over looked and stops the spare rubbing on the tank. the only piece of loom id bother with is the one from the solenoids to the main tank. the connector from the roof loom to overhead console is handy but not essential. diesel or petrol cruiser?

20150803_120455.jpg

Cheers for the tip.

I'm abandoning the standard spare for a rear bumper mount (eventually) but i've got one of the aftermarket sunroofs so i have the console with the fuel guage to sell and hopefully offset some of the delivery costs.

Hi,
can you please give some details how it was shipped. I did locate one myself in Australia, but the sellers says it's AUD 1.000 shipping. That wouldn't be reasonable.
It should be about the same getting it shipped to the mainland as to the UK.
Thanks
Cheers
Christian

Hi,
can I kick that one up, please, anyone any information on shipping those large things from AU to EU, please!!!

Thanks guys

I'm lucky I live in New Zealand and Travel to England several times a year so I got it shipped across to NZ and then brought it to England as my checked baggage.

I used pack and send to ship a kaymar wheel carrier from aus to UK.
Cost $220 (plus some beer tokens) and only took a few days to arrive.
Not what you'd call a light item either!

Thanks guys. Sometimes it just doesn't work. I hinted to pack and send and then the seller told me, that my measurements were wrong and that if I wanted all the pipes and things with it, the price would go up by 300% and that all the stuff would have to go on a pallet which would be of course at least AUD 800 for shipping. I couldn't really work on that. Who needs sub tanks anyways :).

Back