Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Western Sahara April 2017

Met John in Azrou as planned on Saturday. Sunday was a very nice day up through the Mountains to Guercif to meet the others. Well that was the plan, Sent txts and phone and left a message but no response or any other communication from them.

Just arrived in Boudnib after 2 fantastic days across the Rekkam Plateau. Saw tortoises, flamingos, a fox and the big surprise was somebody prehistoric rock carvings we found looking for an old foreign legion fort.

Time for a hot shower and a cold beer while we plan where next.

I know tom & sam have been having a good time finding a way accross the mountains away from the tarmac, they will be heading a bit more south from tomorrow or the next day I think, they just taking their time exploring.
They have maroc sims now in phones

Would have been nice if they let us know the change of plans. We were expecting them to join us for a couple of days across the Rekkam Plateau.

Hi mark so sorry iv not got back to you just got a sim and not receiving emails heading down to zagora and try and find that Ali guy as Tom has suspension problems

We might see you there. I've had a brake pipe fail today so we're reconsidering our route.

Certainly be in Zagora Friday or Saturday.

Hi George. I SPOT that you are making good progress :thumbup:. Just realised that you drove right through Belgrade. My brother lives there. He has no interest in cars - he is a musician but he is always up for a beer :icon-biggrin:. Perhaps you could visit him on the way back :sunglasses:.

Well I landed at Gatwick yesterday, drove directly to Lancaster and bought another 80 :fearscream:. Mr T passed his MOT today so that makes getting back into the UK a little easier after the Western Sahara trip. I have a load of stuff to get ready (and grass to cut - unrelated) for the trip but look forward to meeting you in Morocco next week.

Take care.

Byron
Well,....too late for Belgrade now :) I'm in Montpelier visinity now and planing to have beer in Barcelona tonight.....

P.S.I left the grass cutting procedures with some instructions how to do it without cuting body parts to my wife.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
At this rate you'll be in Morocco Sunday

Good drive today new route through Jebel Sahro. Lack of brakes was a little alarming at times

Easy day tomorrow getting brakes working again and then it's Erg Cheggaga and the High Atlas

Made it to Ali's ok with no brakes. No one else here so they are straight on it.

Sound like @SamW and Tom were here yesterday getting sorted out. Either that or another English cruiser with suspension issues!

If you guys are still in the area we're in Zagora today and heading to Erg Cheggaga tomorrow then the High Atlas Sunday for 2 days.

I will leave Alicante Sunday noonish, so will cross on the 10th as planned.

Hi mark we left zagora and headed into desert Tom broke anti roll bar mount of axel and took out brake pipe all sorted now tho glad they sorted you out in time

Hmm. Seems to be a lot of failures this trip :wtf:. Good to know you are able to get your cars sorted :thumbup:.

Well my air con does not work (broken fitting on new compressor - chances are the guy filling it with gas did that :rage:. Not a big deal but I shall miss the console fridge (Import so works off air con system). Freezer is electric so that is OK. Oh and my rear nearside window does not move :neutral:. Probably a badger or something crawled into the door and died. That's what you get when you 'rest' a car for months. Hope that is the lot for me.

Anyway I am just about packed. Usual kit, lots of tools, some spares (you know light bulbs and so on), clothes plus food for around four weeks.

Oh and 165 Litres of fuel, 50 Litres of beer, wine, gin and 22 Litres of water.

Opened the Eezi-Awn tent for the very first time this afternoon and managed fine - even packed it away (2nd hand so had no real idea what I would find) it is well worn but good.

All being well I shall be on the Ferry to Spain tomorrow and rolling south from Santander on Monday afternoon.

Don't forget some fresh Basil and your lovely pink shorts Byron.

Don't forget some fresh Basil and your lovely pink shorts Byron.

:icon-biggrin:. You will not be surprised to hear the pink shorts are already on board as is a fresh basil plant :thumbup:.

Carlos will give you a bottle of red

@SamW we are in the bar at Bab Rimal. Is that you two parked at the back of the campsite ?

Yes it is us we're in the restaurant part at the side of the pool

Back