Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What do the LRover fraternity think of Landcuisers?

its LRA- they are almost as weird as the lr4x4 lot :)

its all friendly though- having spent 20 years as a LR boy i kon what its like to be a bit of an outcast!

Yep! They seem very humourous, particularly given all probs on a LR. I've only had one LR (Range Rover actually) and didn't keep it long enough to do much!

I was actually looking for a bit of help (pictures of a spinner installed under bonnet), but thought it interesting that they view LC's as reliable - I guess they are, apart from when they're not :D

I too was a complete died in the wool Land Rover nut. I've had 6 of the things now.
My Ninety & the wifes old Discovery (both 300 Tdi's) were totally reliable.
the rest of them were Range Rovers, & all of them were bloody liabilties! the last one a 2002 P38 diesel (again the Wifes) is going to be traded in on tuesday for a 2.2 D4D Verso, :thumbup:
I think I'm cured at last! :D

Brett - You don't know anything about the centrifuges used on LRs do you? I'm looking to do a retro fit (to my 100 series) and wanted some photos to see how they are plumbed in on a LR :pray:

I love the way that LandCruisers (and Mitsi's etc) are referred to as Jap Tat or Jap Crap!

Maybe it's just me, but the term Tat or Crap implies something that:

- doesn't work properly
- was badly or carelessly constructed
- falls apart
- isn't worth much

.....erm maybe these guys should look closer to home!

My truck started first time this morning, i take you guys trucks all did too...... ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Tommo&Claire said:
My truck started first time this morning, i take you guys trucks all did too...... ;)
Of course it did. What a silly question. :doh:

I wouldn't apply the term c&ap to anything jap engineered.
It sometimes looks funny though.

A few years ago I was reading an article in Overland journal about a series Landrover doing the alaskan Dalton highway.
They had done some mods on it though. Toy axles and a merc diesel engine.
I guess they wanted something reliable :clap:

nathanrobo said:
Brett - You don't know anything about the centrifuges used on LRs do you? I'm looking to do a retro fit (to my 100 series) and wanted some photos to see how they are plumbed in on a LR :pray:

I don't know a lot other than they were first fitted on the Td5 & 6 cylinder diesel engines that were fitted when BMW owned Land Rover. They increased the oil change requirement from every 6000 miles to every 10000.

If I get a chance, I'll take some pics in the morning.

the landrover sub-forum on Difflock off refer to subaru's and toyota 4x4 as "jap cra*p"... sad but true...

Brett... that'd be great! Btw, do you think it's a good idea? Not sure if it's unecessary / overkill.

Who cares what they think????

It doesn't take much to figure out which is the best, most reliable, most trusted vehicle in the harshest climates and terrains around the world.... clue "it aint a f#%$*ing landrover"

Austraila possibly has the largest number of 4x4 owners (who actualy use the 4x4 ability on a regular basis) and a big majority rely on the Landcruiser as their mode of transport folllowed closely by Nissan Patrols....... I believe they have a well known aussie phrase which goes a bit like .... "if you wanna go to the outback take a landrover....if you wanna go to the outback and come back home again take a LANDCRUISER " (sorry cannot spell is Aussie accent)

My first post here so thought I'd reply to this as I've just bought a '96 80 series. I also have a 2010 Defender. It's true that lots of (dimwitted) landrover owners will use terms like those mentioned earlier. Why? I'd imagine because it kind of affirms them to be in their own little tribe. Pathetic really. There is no doubt that a Defender is great for many things, offroad performance being one of those, but in terms of useability, space, comfort and ease of maintenance, the LC wins on that one by a country mile no matter what LR owners seem to think or pontificate about.

So, it's not all LR people who behave like that. Some of us (actually many of us, its only the morons who think otherwise) recognise that one vehicle is not the be all and the end all :D

Maybe we should start an LR Anonymous section........... :o

I too have been converted from LR to Toyota, being 6'5" and 17 stone makes driving a Defender 110 a bit akward!

On that subject ;) I have an Semi-Overland prepared Defender 110 Hardtop 300 TDi for sale if someone knows someone who wants one - I'll be doing the London to CapeTown in the LC80 instead.

PM me for details!

Jap bikes were also called jap c**p in the late 60s/early 70s. in the 80s a mate of mine sold his triumph bonnie & bought a honda 400/4 a bike that could be ridden all day flat out & just use a bit of oil whereas the bonnie would shake itself to bits with similar treatment.

As said earlier a lot of it is friendly banter, just the same as we're doing now, I was also a series owner and went to many of the shows held, I thought I'd own one forever until I bought "big green"
It's all down to preference really and accessability & price of bling, they're more like mecano than LC's are IMHO. Also If you look at reliability of a 15 year old cruiser Vs that of a disco, you have your answer of which is best !

LC every time for me :thumbup:

Back