Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is it worth?

karl webster said:
[quote="Red Oktober":23geln13]I'll willingly give you £20 for it Karl .. :lol: :lol:

sadly though i'm looking for a straight 80 thats not lifted a mile high.

will keep lookin though ..... good luck with the sale :thumbup:

Very funny carl :D

What truck are you after?

Karl[/quote:23geln13]

I'm looking for a straight 80 (not too bothered about what color it is) preferably a petrol (but don't mind a later diesel)
not worried weather auto or manual .... so i've got plenty of options and variables to consider

This thread is drifting way off course.

The car is not for sale. It was for sale about 11 months ago when I started the thread. The thread was only brought back to life to add some pictures sent to me by the person who bought it all that time ago.

Cheers

Ian

Not a problem, I just don't want people thinking it is still for sale.

Ian

That is a thing of beauty! WOW

Just noticed someones stolen the spare wheel from underneath .. oh now it's devalued . I reckon it'd go for about £1500 without the spare :roll:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This isn't coming up for sale again is it?
I would be very interested even at the prices mentioned at the begining of this thread ! :shock:
Ian if you'd speak to them i am serious :roll:

I reckon that's about as close as you're ever going to get to a new 80 series, short of actually getting Toyota to sell you one (they must have at least one in their museum). Much as I like the 80 series, personally, there's NO WAY I'd even consider paying £20K+ for one, no matter how good it is/was. Unless you're going to put it back in dry storage the 'value' will go into freefall as soon as you start with the mods and racking up the miles....but if it's your passion what's a few £K? JMO

Same colour as mine too!

This car would be cheap at £15-18k. It's like a 1-2 year old car. Bearing in mind when I bought mine in 97 when it was 2 years old with one elderly owner and was at least as good as that one it cost £27k.That's one reason it is cheap.The second reason it is cheap is that you could put 100k miles on it in 10 years, keep it relatively standard, well maintained, serviced and looked after, it should do this with ease with no parts to buy and find it hadn't lost £1K a year,that's cheap motoring.
I value mine around £7k, even now it's 75-80% as good as that one, given me 15 years of trouble free, pleasurable motoring and thats cost me about £25/week to own, that's good value in my book.
If 11 months ago the red Cruiser had been Astral black or Opal grey I might have had a go at it but red is not my favourite colour.
I hope its new owner has as much pleasure with it as I have had with mine.

Andy :thumbup:

I was VERY clear in my post that set this off that it wasn't for sale. It was a hypothetical argument. :roll:

Anyway, he'd already sold it.

To me :dance: :dance:

And then I woke up.

Chris

Just to drag this thread up again, I have just received a couple more pictures of this 80 getting its MOT done. Needless to say it passed without issue. The mileage is still under 32,500.

BIG%20RED1_zpsdtrxe6oc.jpg

BIG%20RED_zpszwwlljk2.jpg

Before you ask, it is not for sale . . . .

Last edited:
Beautiful, brave man letting it out in the rain....:icon-biggrin:

I would be interested Ian I need something to turn into a tray back.....

That is so nice, yet it would look even better with my reg no each end.... :whistle:

Back