Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What size wheels look best on 75 series?

Country Flag
australia
Just bought a 1992 75 series and was keen on buying some 33” tyres (285) with some new Mickey Thompson chrome mags, but having thoughts of going bigger, I want a size that fills the void and is very proportionate without looking like I’m trying to make a monster truck
Any suggestions???
4EF4158A-229D-42CA-BCB0-4E60F0F015B8.jpeg

I don't know much about the 70 series and googling images it seems all the ones that tickle my fancy are running bigger tyres because they swapped axles with a 80 .

That said , if you can fit 285/75's on there then i will say that having ran that size for years on my 90 series I am very happy that i could not find 285's when it was time to replace them and so I ended up with Toyo open country 305/70/r16 .

Bare in mind mine are on 16x10" rims which actually made them slightly smaller in height than the Cooper 285's on 16x8" rims (if you care to measure it) which was surprising given they give the impression of being much larger than those they replaced .

Do you have a turbo ?

Big rubber saps power so if you can you might want to borrow a mates wheels for a test run before throwing your money down

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I bought the 315/70 R17 for mine but I haven’t had the time to put them on. When I get it done I will show you some pics so you can see how it looks.

Back