Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

what to paint the chassis with ?

roy

Country Flag
scotland
having done my body lift i can now get in around the chassis a lot more, so i am going to de-rust it and give it a new coating .

and endorsments of what would be best to re-paint it with ?
there are so many different products out there.

cheers roy

Kurust. From Hammerite. White milky stuff goes on a treat turns rust into a sort of plastic and dries on most metal in minutes. Leave a glossy black finish. Just done my whole truck with one bottle costing £6. You can paint over it later if you want to. Even works through grease. You can re coat too. I did my axles several times. Dries like a plastic film. I use it on everything I make now.

Chris

Chris said:
Kurust. From Hammerite. White milky stuff goes on a treat turns rust into a sort of plastic and dries on most metal in minutes. Leave a glossy black finish. Just done my whole truck with one bottle costing £6. You can paint over it later if you want to. Even works through grease. You can re coat too. I did my axles several times. Dries like a plastic film. I use it on everything I make now.Chris
Hi Chris, are there different types of Kurust? the stuff I've used in the past has dried to a matt black sort of powdery finish, not the sort of powder that rubs off, but definitely not plastic like. Good stuff though, once on it never rusted again.

Kurust is so good I even have it on my breakfast :thumbup:

The stuff is very good and easy to apply !

If kurust is so good where does that leave products like dinitrol?

For the sake of a few quid get hold of a bottle and give it a try, you'll be amazed, (that's my sale pitch out the way) It's the only rust prevention solution I've used so I can't draw comparisons, but I've always been happy with Kurust, Chas as far as I know there's only one type of kurust rust prevention, however there is a pencil applicator you can buy of the same stuff, here's a link to halfrauds, but you'd be able to get it cheaper if you shop around !
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_188249_langId_-1_categoryId_165594

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Different thing to Dinitrol really. But I have used their cavoty wax everywhere I can get to. Actually there are more Kurust products. There is a gel for example. But this is a really good product - it paints, it primes, it converts and leave a nice surface finish on new metal, old metal, thick pitted metal and even some alloy.

It's not a wonder product, it's just really good.

Chris

I've been using Kurust :thumbup: for more years than I care to remember, in fact ever since I've had a rusty car. :lol: Back in the middle ages when I started with it :character-oldtimer: it used to be called Kingston Kurust, I suppose they must have been taken over by Hammerite :think:

Back