Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Whats the furthest you've ever traveled with your cruiser?

Beau

Country Flag
guyana
So last week I took a road trip up to New york from where I live (Florida). Got back last night.

The journey was 1200 miles long and took 17 hours with three stops just for diesel. Alternated driving with my dad so the journey was a breeze and the cruiser plowed through the miles nicely. For me, and the cruiser it was the longest one time stretch of driving done.

Just wondering, whats the longest stretch of driving you guys have done, in one stretch? Oh, heres a pic of the o'l girl in NY.

IMG_8754.JPG
IMG_8772.JPG

just got back from the Alps, trip home was just shy of 800 mile, did it all in one stint, stopped more than 3 times for diesel tho :lol: I wouldn't have fancied another 400 mile on top of that!

few yrs ago I did 1000 mile back from another part of the Alps to another part of the UK in 14 hours, (minus ferry) averaged over 70mph - was in an Audi A8 V6 not a cruiser tho!

to the top of Norway 3 times about 2500 miles each way

and drove back from morocco in one drive dropping someone off in london on way back in 27 hours including tunel..

Travelled about 500 miles in a day, all in my 100 and within the uk.
I use mine as a main car for work and can usually cover 20-25k miles a year.

Longest in one stint was London to Verona (about 850 miles) that took about 14 hours including stops. Mrs Bob did a small bit of that journey. Hardest was Monaco to Calais with over 2 ton in a 14ft trailer.. that was solo and included 3 hours stuck on the motorway near Aix in a traffic jam.

But I think Rich wins!

Back in 2000 I took the family from Gaborone down to Cape Town in our 80 series, I think we did about 2200 miles in just over 3 weeks...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's quite a trip!

I did a 17 hour trip (mostly due to snow) from London to Switzerland in one go in the 120. I was surprised how good I felt at the other end.
I then did a 1000miles from London to Pisa in one go (21 hours - blame the wife...) Again, other than a few hassles with the failed brake system, I felt good.

@Beau - Where was that first pic taken? New Jersey side?

So who has covered the most overall miles my 100 diesel has a very modest 190,0000 miles.

So who has covered the most overall miles my 100 diesel has a very modest 190,0000 miles.

I'm on 278,000 miles in the 95, running like a clock.. utterly dependable. Picking up a tractor with it tomorrow because my mates 2013 Shogun with 50k is broken down...

Last year on the way back from the Western Sahara I put in a few of big days, I needed to get back home earlier than I'd original planned.
Agadir – Ceuta 828 km
Ceuta – Valladolid 754 km
Valladolid – Home 1656 km

Longest almost non stop I've done was 1050 miles from Croatia to London in 31 hrs with a couple of I hr dozes in service stations. Longest trip was to Morocco and back, 5500 miles in 10 days.
EDIT
10 days was in Morocco that didn't include getting there and back so 16 days altogether.

Last edited:
@Crispin - Both pics taken from New Jersey side at a place called "exchange place".

The drive there was good, but the roads here are pretty terrible, the suspension gets worked hard. I would comfortably sit at 90+ on some of the European roads but here you have to have a sharp eye at debris and pot holes on the road. It does make driving a little more stressful unfortunately.

My OD is now sitting at 197k, so will be at a major mile stone soon!

The other week I did 3 trips from Kent in England to Belfast in Northern Ireland, it's about 510 miles each way. I did it all in 4 days.

@Crispin - Both pics taken from New Jersey side at a place called "exchange place".
Thought it looked familiar. I lived less than a mile from there towards JW bridge. Nice spot.

I did a 17 hour trip (mostly due to snow) from London to Switzerland in one go in the 120.........

@Beau - Where was that first pic taken? New Jersey side?

Crispin - I also seem to recall you did a trip of a few yards, in several hours beside a stream a while back in your 120..... sorry, that must belong in the "What's the furthest you haven't travelled in your cruiser" thread. ;) :tonguewink:

I try to plan on 10 hour max, can do 14 hours but I'm getting cranky by the end! When I moved house last time I did a 150 mile trip 5 times with a trailer on, loaded and unloaded a 20ft container twice, and the car/trailer 3 times, started at 6am finished at 5 am, possibily the hardest days driving I ever did, it'd kill me now tho :lol:

2008 - Wicklow to Timbuktu. 8,000 kms. Flew home.

2014 - Wicklow to the eastern end of The Gambia and back. 15,000 kms.

Back