Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel arch spats

smokyjoe

Has anyone had trouble with wheel arch spats ( as in legging it) as the plastic clips dont seem very strong, any tips on makeing them stay on longer, and is it toyota only for the mounting clips.

Yep they are a pain in the a##e, The only place that I have found is Toyota but they are not that expensive. There are two diferent colours, yellow and grey, I have not tested them for strength but could be that they are different. I just replace yellow with yellow and grey with grey.

I may have some spare floating around if you want them.

There is one thing that I have found, if you loosen the bolt that secures the back bottom of the flitch and mud guard in place it alters the load on the plastic arch and stops it from popping off. I f you slacken it of so that arch looks good and the clips stop popping, work out the gap and put washers onto the bolt to create the required gap that will help.

Hope that makes sense.

Steve

BlackWidow said:
Yep they are a pain in the a##e, The only place that I have found is Toyota but they are not that expensive. There are two diferent colours, yellow and grey, I have not tested them for strength but could be that they are different. I just replace yellow with yellow and grey with grey.

I may have some spare floating around if you want them.

There is one thing that I have found, if you loosen the bolt that secures the back bottom of the flitch and mud guard in place it alters the load on the plastic arch and stops it from popping off. I f you slacken it of so that arch looks good and the clips stop popping, work out the gap and put washers onto the bolt to create the required gap that will help.

Hope that makes sense.

Steve

thanks for your reply ;)
Is that the bolt that also holds the mudflap on as i think thats why the spat came off.

Yep thats the one, its hard to explain what I mean. But I found that when I did it up it started to pop the plastic arch off, the reason for this is that I had a...........altercation :evil: with a rock doing raid Asterix last year and I think that I have re-shaped the body some how and if I do that bolt right up the plastic arch starts to pop off. I found that if Iput the washers in and efectivly held the lot away from the underside a bit it stoppedb the arch from popping off.

Steve

Will check that the morn as i am going to give the old girl a work over ready for the next play ;)

Would you mind if I asked Do you know if you can get the seal that goes between the arch spat and bodywork ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not sure if you can or not, I will try and find out as I will be going to see my local Mr T. at the end of the week.

Steve

thanks steve, its just it looks like someone has had it off before and made a mess of the seal.

Back