Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

wheel chocks

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
does anyone bother with carrying wheel chocks - for use when winching another vehicle out of a mire?
and where did you get them? - if not a rock lying near by etc

I have got a couple :thumbup: , but never been used yet, it's usually more convenient to pick up a rock than dig in the truck to find where the chocks have hidden themselves :lol: . They came with my first Cruiser, I think they are Toyo.

Chunk of wood i carry for jacking, hitting etc does the job of a wheel chock also.

maybe i will just sling a couple blocks off the 4"x4" fence post in boot, which i use for chocking when on axle stands in garage!

Yep. Got them from a caravan shop. You drive onto them then the weight of the vehicle stops them moving. There were about £6 per pair. And I have used them, and yes they worked quite well. Stopped the truck sliding under winching someone else out. Quick and easy. Pretty light and don't take up much room. Handy on the drive too when you have to raise one end.

C

For the Southerners, I saw them at SK Camping on the weekend and they were cheap. They had the triangular blocks through to more traditional caravan chocks. Online shop too. Like Paul, I decided I'd use lumps of wood as well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back