Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which suspension

What about unloaded? 15-20 psi with your 864's should be about the same as 868's. Do you carry a spare bag and have you had any failures?

I have about 8 - 10 psi whilst not loaded ie any running about that I do here, twin rear wheel / bumper carrier (freeways lattitude model) with just one wheel on in uk , LR tank usually about 1/2 full & general tools / spares etc in the back, so still quite heavy when 'unloaded'.

I have not had any failure of the bags, and no I dont carry a spare (but you have got we thinking now, maybe I should?!!)

I connected mine together, ie not individually to keep the pressures the same, and if one did fail, the pressure loss would be even (does that make sense?)
FYI I located the shrader valve for pumping up / down inside the fuel filler flap area which seems to work quite well.

They certainly keep the back up when very heavily loaded, and if you compare mine with a similarly loaded 80 with no bags the height difference is really significant.

I wouldnt go on a heavily loaded trip without them now............or the wholesale automatics valve body / lock up kit come to think of it!

Andy

I connected mine together as well but I put the valve inside to keep it clean. I think they're pretty reliable but if you've got them pumped up and one fails will your suspension cope or will it be a major PITA? If the extra weight was all food and beer you'd be ok, just don't go far till you've consumed enough of it to lighten the load :lol:

For 105 and 80 series
Rear Medium Load 2860
Rear Constant 200kg 2863
Rear Constant 400kg 2864
Rear Constant 600kg 2868
Front to 50kg 2851
Front 51kg to 110kg 2850

OK, so I've been running with the 868s on the rear for over a month now with hardly any load, and delighted to report that they are a delight. Some folks find them a little harsh with no load, but I hven't found any problems at all, and they provide a great lift. I'm really glad that I didn't compromise by fitting the 864s. HDJ80 with OME 868 springs.jpg

sounds like they should be spot on when you pack it for a trip :icon-cool:

Back