Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

which switches were in this 1992 dash?

Pumpy

Country Flag
england
IMG_20151125_150149.jpg

3 unsightly holes, what was in em?

Is there a usb type charging thingy I can put in the holes, looks like an additional ciggie lighter is bigger than the holes?

I can add ciggie lighter sockets to the centre console easy enough to add USB converters, it'd look better if I can use these holes tho!

Last edited:
Mines a 93 but this is what i got

IMG_4563.JPG

I was going to suggest that one of them would be rear heater fan, it's the only switch I have on that row. The other 2 were blanked.

I recon Karl would be able to supply you with some blanking plates.

Im using one of the positions for the air compressor under the bonnet...

blanking plates could work, cheers lads, could get some panel mount USB doofars

btw Nick, your pic is so clean, makes my dash look minging :lol:

Last edited:
That may have been after it had been to visit the Polish, it has a good layer of ash all over it now!

Sorry to pinch this thread but what is the ECT button for?? Mine has the same buttons but no ECT and i am feeling left out now :(

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Youy only get ECT buttons on autos Paul, I think it alters the shift pattern on the auto box amongst other things, Chris knows I think.

ECT button holds the box in each gear longer on acceleration ASFAIK

Last edited:
What's this chappie? Is it a dash panel dimmer switch? I don't have one of them. In fact my 1995 dash is nothing like this, did they change them between those years?

Questions questions, sorry guys..

image.png

Is that my idle up? Can't remember. Back on a mo

Idle up is the other side of steering wheel. That nob adjusts the brightness of the dash when the lights are on

Edit: that'll be a yes then Clive

Last edited:
Well there's no need to slum it

Well there's no need to slum it

If I wasn't baby sitting tonight, I'd go down two floors from my apartment and go the 200m to my truck in the pouring rain and take a photo of my 1995 dash, it's like a tractor dash in comparison :icon-rolleyes:

Maybe tomorrow... If I remember...

Was nothing in those holes, but when Mal had it he had switches in there for stuff he removed before I brought it
David

it'd have to be a pretty exact fit, think it's a bit wide, which is a shame.

I'm probably going to make a plate and stick 3 surface mount double USBs in it, if I tried to use a regular blank I don't think it'd take the big hole for the round usb doofars without weakening it too much.

now I'm wondering if I have an ECT button and if it'll improve the gear change thing I moan about :laughing-rolling:

Back