Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which Winch bumper. The law and other such problems

hopeless wanderer

Country Flag
england
Hello all.

I've decided the first mod i am going to make is a winch bumper. I had half decided on ARB with the side rails that tie on to the running boards/sill protectors.
The vehicle is for a long overland expedition with no specific off roading in mind, Probably just self rescue if required.

Can anyone indentify the below winch bumper ? If not can anyone recommend a good combination of bumper and winch suitable for my needs based on an extra vbehicle weight of 300kg approx

Attachments

• bullbar.jpg
    bullbar.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 505
I believe the bumper must be EU marked, it must also have a winch fitted to be legal, you can't just have the bar. I've got an ARB on my 60 with a winchmax 13000lbs winch and plasma rope (plasma reduces the weight massively and is also more suited to occasional use where a wire rope would corrode)

Pretty pleased with it all. The winch is exceptionally well made, and cheap, but that money had to be saved somewhere and thats in speed, it is slooooooow but for me thats not a problem as like you it's just for self recovery in emergency.

DSCN2286_zps4458e27a.jpg

DSCN2285_zps644df4c3.jpg

IMG_4511_zps84c4fff8.jpg

IMG_4504modded_zps66c6971b.jpg

Hello all.

I've decided the first mod i am going to make is a winch bumper. I had half decided on ARB with the side rails that tie on to the running boards/sill protectors.
The vehicle is for a long overland expedition with no specific off roading in mind, Probably just self rescue if required.

Can anyone indentify the below winch bumper ? If not can anyone recommend a good combination of bumper and winch suitable for my needs based on an extra vbehicle weight of 300kg approx

My guess it's from the States, but it's smart.:thumbup:

I believe the bumper must be EU marked, it must also have a winch fitted to be legal, you can't just have the bar. I've got an ARB on my 60 with a winchmax 13000lbs winch and plasma rope (plasma reduces the weight massively and is also more suited to occasional use where a wire rope would corrode)

Pretty pleased with it all. The winch is exceptionally well made, and cheap, but that money had to be saved somewhere and thats in speed, it is slooooooow but for me thats not a problem as like you it's just for self recovery in emergency.

View attachment 14792

View attachment 14793

View attachment 14790

View attachment 14791

Thanks Moggy.

Oh and i spotted your LC when looking through posts ....really nice :)
I work in the sun and the sand and there is still a few of those running around here, even amongst the cayennes and the RR etc they're still much sought after.

Last edited:
In our country there is no any problems with these bumpers if its well made...
Mine new bumper with pto winch fitted
20140712_181745.jpg

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
interesting pic that, looks like it has 60 series lights:think:

Thats an Aussie 80 and nearly all the 80's here got the twin headlights like the 60. AFAIK only the top of the range Sahara models got the single headlights like the UK 80's. :icon-ugeek:

Back