Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who has vw passat 1.9tdi ?

BIG clean GREEN

Garage
Yea Yea I know, I no longer have a LC but one day............

Anyroad after selling the truck I bought a 5hitty pug 307 which has been nothing but money down the drain, so I'm looking at getting something half decent which I should have done the first time. I'm looking at a 2004 vw passat 1.9 tdi 130 highline, does anyone here have one of these or know anything about them that I ought to know?

I looked into getting a colorado D4D but the cost of the motor and running costs are out of my reach at the moment :cry:

So far in the paast 3 months the pug has had a recon turbo £800, refresh oil change after 1k miles with the turbo £40 a new intercooler pipe that pi55ed oil out £25 rear brake pads £30 new rear tyre £60 new exhaust down pipe clamp £5 next weekend with the help of our uncle Chris a new OSF wheel bearing (unless the whining noise turns out to be the gearbox ) So you see why I'm a little pi55ed off with it, even if it is the wheel bearing and all seems OK I'm just waiting for the diesel recirculation filter to go, at £400, These cars are an embarrassment, but then again they are French.

I so so wish I'd kept the truck, especially with the snow we've just had, I could have used those mud tyres that I'd waited so patiently to use all summer :cry:

Hope you're all OK and that one day we'll meet again !!!

Nick.

I had a 2001 passat 130 before joining cruiserland. It was a lovely car but make sure it has a history. Had a bit of bother with mine- water pump hadn't been changed with first t belt - it went. Brake servo gave up - clogged with gunk. And aluminum housing for aircon pulley cracked and broke. All of these were due to some hapless twit doing the service work before I got it. Little goes wrong on these normally, but parts ain't too cheap. Sweet motor on the road.

Are these cars not re-badged / re-engineered as a Skoda? And us it not cheaper to get a newer VW / Skoda (and apologies for the ignorance!)

Cheers

I have one :) viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13041

P2060348.jpg

edit - They were What Caravan Tow Car of the year in there time :) ;)

edit - They also do a 2.5V6 TD version as well or is that just the Audi A4 variant of this car :think: :? :lol:

Got a mate with one. They run th pd engine and as far as i know there a good car. He had the earlier one before and that was bomb proof. I had a early passat as well and i thought it was great. Got a a62.5v6 tdi at the min and i carnt fault it. They do have a few issues but i never buy new parts to replace them. Got another a6 that needs cams at a cost of 600 quid,Prob just buy a smashed one for the engine.

I think you would find a passat nice to drive quite good on fuel and quite hassle free.

Good look :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My missus has a 2004 1.9tdi 130 Skoda Superb which is basically the same running gear as the Passat. I would highly recommend getting it. Her Skoda has been faultless for the past 5 years and it has been so cheap to run its unbelievable and its a great drive, even the replacment parts are pretty cheap. We shall certainly be replacing it with another vehicle from VW/Audi.

I can almost guarantee you will be very pleased with the reliability. :thumbup:

Thats a very nice looking and practical car. Good price too :thumbup:

i had a 53 plate 130 tdi highline.
was great, really couldnt fault it.

2 things went wrong tho, one was the alternator pulley, so it didnt charge, cost about 20 quid to replace
the other was the boost pipe coming off, cost nothing to fix.

4 years ago (ish) i paid 3300 for a saloon with 90 odd k on the clock

Good model/engine/spec combo and "your" car looks a very nice example. Good luck :thumbup: - haggle hard ;)

I have a VW Golf gttid 1.9 and it is brlliant. Powerful but economical and I once managed 75 mpg! :clap:

The VAG 1.9TDi engine is very reliable. All I had to change (engine related) when running a scrap value golf for 80k miles up to 225k miles was the water pump and a breather hoses that burst covering the engine bay with oil. Engine was driven about 200 miles at high speed on the motorway from when my rear windscreen wiper stopped becoming effective before I noticed and did not have a single drop of oil in it when I checked :shock: It was still going 60k miles later...

Rob said:
my rear windscreen wiper stopped becoming effective before I noticed and did not have a single drop of oil in it when I checked :shock: It was still going 60k miles later...
I didn't know you had to put oil in the wipers, I better check mine, where is it you check the level? :lol:

OK who bought it :evil: :evil: :evil:

phoned them to ask where they were and the ba5tards had sold it Grrrrrrrrrrrr !

so on the look out for another one now, I did see a 2.0 petrol with same spec but I want a diesel.

Cheers.

Remember that I am only in Saturday Mate. At Holymoorside on Sunday in the beast.

We'll have to crack on with it, if that's what it is as I have a lot to do. I usually only work on Toyotas you know :lol: :lol:

Chris

Lucky for you then!

C

Cossack said:
Rob said:
my rear windscreen wiper stopped becoming effective before I noticed and did not have a single drop of oil in it when I checked :shock: It was still going 60k miles later...
I didn't know you had to put oil in the wipers, I better check mine, where is it you check the level? :lol:
That was the problem Chas, I had oil on the my rear windscreen which was being smeared by the wiper. I though my rear wiper had lifted of the screen again :roll:

Rob said:
Cossack said:
Rob said:
That was the problem Chas, I had oil on the my rear windscreen which was being smeared by the wiper. I though my rear wiper had lifted of the screen again :roll:
Ah! all becomes clear now (pun intended) :lol:

Back