Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

No more than me Starcruiser i spent all day today at it , finished about 7pm stood back and thought to myself - what did i do that took that long ???

Tell me about it. I've spent probably a whole week on the Gullwings and have only really got drawings and a pile of bits.

Good on ya Shayne, you'll get there.

Sorry 'bout the weather, it's been hovering around 35C here for the last 3 weeks, not a drop of rain or a breath of wind, it's getting a bit parched to be honest.

Should hold out till you guys come, it would be better if it cooled off a bit really...

Now that's rubbing it in Clive nowt but rain and wind here so il swap please :icon-biggrin:

Now that's rubbing it in Clive nowt but rain and wind here so il swap please :icon-biggrin:

Be careful what you wish for Shaun :lol:

We're off to the beach on Friday (if I can finish writing up this fcukin' claim by then) for a whole week, and that's going to be a killer if this warm spell keeps on. I hate the beach, only going for the little one and I suppose she'll have me in the sea most of the time. :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
None. Nothing. Absolutely not a thing. No spanners lifted in anger today. Not needed. Green 80 went straight through its test. Only done 2000 miles since last year.

Changed the tent cover today for a new one, old one was looking faded, crisp and tatty, next job is rear brake pads and adjust handbrake, thinking I should do the dogbone conversion.
Oh and good news, solved the brake pedal fade by fitting six braided stainless steel flexi brake hoses.
:)

Good news on the braided hoses. I fitted mine last week but haven't driven it yet, but the pedal was just solid. My middle pipes are standard material but brand new. It's only the 4 wheel toobs that are braided.

I chose to do all the flexi hoses braided because I could get the middle hoses 2 inches longer so now my mind is at peace with the roughly 2 inch suspension lift I have with my OME springs.

Yes, mine are longer as they went on with the 4" EFS lift.

You could do Shayne, just be prepared to get a bit wet. However I would be inclined to drain a little out of the rad and catch it in something clean and pour it back in through a bit of rag to filter it. Just enough to get the level below the filter housing.

Cheers Starcruiser i noticed it still dribbled a bit after i had drained the system and changed the rad so i was just hoping really because its all new coolant in there and like a fool i i used the containers to get rid of some old oil as my 5 gallon drum was getting full .

Saucepans. Just don't let Helen know or you could be wearing one if she finds a stepladder…[emoji6]

Seriously, washed out coke bottle (or similar) with a pipe from the drain cock should be fine.

Yeah its only glorified water i was just contemplating it as one more job today but if it involves washing up it can wait :lol:

Got a few jobs done on the 80 today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    850.4 KB · Views: 94
So what did you do after lunch Tommy? [emoji6]

Well I made a bracket for a work light, need to finish it off tomorrow
image.jpg

Tommy, I think you are a felt seal short mate ha ha.

Nice to see the FNB dog bones in there

Back