Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Just finished servicing the LC. changed all the oils again, the axles and transfer where still golden but changed them anyway:icon-biggrin:

Even changed the timing belt for genuine Toyota as last time i bought a kit from milners and put a mitsuboshi belt on, it still looked OK but I have piece of mind now.

all i need to to now is change the steering rack bushes for the poly ones.

I'm sorting out my new workshop...
1e7516b7ce42aab6a7220f9a8ed59c23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorting out my new workshop...
1e7516b7ce42aab6a7220f9a8ed59c23.jpg

Yeah mine used to look like that, nowadays I can just about squeeze the 80 in. Does that ladder lead up to the rest room? :lol:

Ya I'm stoked. Moved my stuff in here last week and just getting everything setup. I'm sharing the unit with another guy. It sure beats my shed and driveway!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No maintenance, but I seem to have planned part of a trip...

http://binged.it/1N0xqaL

Oops... It wasn't much longer coming back via SA... mind you I might try to squeeze in VIC and ACT and then I'll have done all the States and Territories in one trip... but that then means going near Sydney...

Got a set of oem genuine Toyota belts from Toyota recently. What was stamped on them?
Yep. Mitsuboshi and the new genuine oil filter said made in Taiwan
I do plan to inflate my tyres with genuine Toyota air though
Can't be too careful [emoji1]

Got a set of oem genuine Toyota belts from Toyota recently. What was stamped on them?
Yep. Mitsuboshi and the new genuine oil filter said made in Taiwan
I do plan to inflate my tyres with genuine Toyota air though
Can't be too careful [emoji1]

Oh well at least you tried Chris. be careful with that toyota air, you only need half the normal amount, its that good:lol:

It's the red Mark but according to the FSM must be drained and refilled every 25k it's hideously expensive but you take your chance and ill take mine confident that my 20 year old truck has never suffered a puncture whilst filled with OEM genuine air installed by a dealer technician
What more proof do you need?

Didn't know about only using half the amount though
Should I go to dealer and have some taken out?

It's the red Mark but according to the FSM must be drained and refilled every 25k it's hideously expensive but you take your chance and ill take mine confident that my 20 year old truck has never suffered a puncture whilst filled with OEM genuine air installed by a dealer technician
What more proof do you need?

Didn't know about only using half the amount though
Should I go to dealer and have some taken out?

Yeah i would go to the dealer its a highly technical job.:whistle:

My wife might actually believe that…after inflating tyres on her Mini many years ago and being asked by the attendant if she needed a hand…'no, I'm fine thanks' she said. Then followed a nasty tearing ripping sound followed by a loud bang!! The helpful attendant piped up…'think you might have over inflated that luv'…must have been OEM air I guess…[emoji6]

Last edited:
changed engine oil and oil,air and fuel filters but couldn't undo the filler nuts on the front and back diffs so i am going to try again tomorrow with a chisel and hammer
is there any other easier way of getting this undone, the drain plugs are ok it's just filler plugs,they have been rounded off nicely by po
ram

Oops
I'd get a 24mm socket and face it off to remove the bevel inside - if you can
It stops the socket slipping off the very thin nut

Forgot to take my special faced-off 24mm socket to Iceland, so when I checked diff oil I rounded off filler nut slightly with to the bevel edge 24mm socket I had with me... I can still undo it though, but new nut and washer on Order

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

couldn't undo the filler nuts on the front and back diffs so i am going to try again tomorrow with a chisel and hammer
is there any other easier way of getting this undone, the drain plugs are ok it's just filler plugs,they have been rounded off nicely by po
ram

Before I killed my filler plug on the front diff of the 100 I just give it 20-30 seconds with the oxy acetylene just around the thread area and it just undid with ease did not need much heat at all.

Once out I gave the plug a clean up on the bench grinder wire wheel and put some copper slip on the threads hopefully next time it will undo with ease.

Rear transfer case seal and bearing changed. Damn snap rings were a pain. Is there an better type of snap ring plier to use on the Toyota style snap rings. My Clarke ones just aren't cutting it.

Well fastened front bumper corner back on due to a women in a Merc hire van,parked in Costa she decided to drive round car park didn't make the corner as probably only ever driven a little car and slid it round my bumper,just cracked paint and pulled 10mm bolt through bracket,bloke shouted at her to say what she had done and she just shrugged her shoulders and drove off,got the details phoned the police and told them I was going Down to hire company Monday and let them know what happened,fingers crossed I can't have any more bad look please

Back