Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Cheers Chris.
Yeah the changing of the actual shells themselves is silly easy, its just getting to it when all you have are a bottle jack and a low lift jack! i think i've got enough ply to make a big enough support so i can get it high enough....

btw, i'll get some pictures of the really bad shells at some point - they were just chucked in a bucket at 9 last night :D

Changed inner track rod ends and steering rack bushes, just need to make special tool for the small ones.

Taking the day off to build a frame for my trailer to put the roof tent on, service the trailer hubs, drop the ATF on the cruiser and generally ligg about a bit.

Chris

snap, sort of, fetched the trailer from the lockup and cut the steel ready to glue together but just dithering about if I'm making the RT sit too high :think:

finished it!
amazing how easy it is to chuck the sump on when the suspension's out the way....

yay!

Jon, got my tent on by lunch time. Before I had to take my Mum into hospital :roll:
I mage some simple feet out of 20mm box then added cross bars 2 in 25mm x 3 box and 1 in 40 x 3 box. These were welded across the trailer to the feet. I bolted the feet to the trailer as I don't' want them there as a permanent fixture as I need to get the quad in.
Set it up and got inside too. Very good. Really easy at that level I have to say. It sits nice behind the truck too. Hopefully not so bad on the old drag factor as it was and way better off road. Got into one or two spots at the weekend where I just didn't have enough power to get up. It bogged doesn't with the weight of the RTT and didn't allow the wheels to scrabble for new grip. It just sat there straining.

It will go on the truck again when it's appropriate, but for now, it's a good solution.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds good Chris where are the pics or have I just not got to that thread yet :mrgreen: , better progress than me, hope your mum is ok.

Passed the MOT today :dance: only a handbrake advisory :roll:

It is, now that the Toyota is road legal I can take the Volvo off the road for a few days to get it sorted.

Rushed into hospital. Oooer. Just had a call. We've had enough of here now. Please come and get her. Nowt up wi 'er. She's fine.

Great. Me and Mr Gordons were making friends there. So I had to send the MIssus!

Pics?. Well I'll get some tomorrow.

C

Glad yer ma is okay dude :cool:

Looking forward to seeing the trailer mods from you both.

Replaced the replacement washer jet heads as the screw collars, being plastic had broken so one was loose, the other on the verge. Picked up some alloy Ripspeed ones in Halfords marked down to £2.50 but came up as £1 at the till. That'll do :D

I'm a touch concerned about steel nut and washer on an alloy body but they point at the windscreen and water comes out of them so I'm happy for now.

Also took out the right side rear seat and partially plyed out the back so I have a single full length sleeping area for a camping trip in a couple of weeks.

Fitted a work light to my flagpole on the back, at the moment it is linked in with the reversing lights which are pretty useless on their own, now I can actually see where I am going backwards :thumbup: Que for sarky comments :roll: I will put a switch inside later to use as a work light. :cool:

IMG_0637.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 39
:thumbup: Que for sarky comments :roll:

What, Chas - like "Hey, try fitting some to the front..."

Chris

very useful things, I've been glad to have mine a few times :thumbup:

Chris said:
:thumbup: Que for sarky comments :roll:

What, Chas - like "Hey, try fitting some to the front..."

Chris
:roll: Yeah, that's exactly what I meant, I kind of thought you might be the first Chris ;)

Chas, you lay them and I'll hatch them buddy.

Chris

Chris said:
Chas, you lay them and I'll hatch them buddy.

Chris
OK, have your camera ready at Lincomb :lol:

Back