Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Which model cruiser? Slide pins or mounting bolts? I'd start a new thread so it isn't lost in this one.

I had two spare LED replacement panels that we've been using in our interior cabin lights and remembered something from a previous post so fitted them in the exit lights on the door, :shock: the difference is amazing. :thumbup:

Hi Jon,
I might have to will see how it goes after this post :)

Tis an 80 series *goes to update sig now* and it was the mounting bolts.

Cheers

Replaced rear discs on friday. old ones 18 years old and looking pretty tired and marked.

spent a long time yesterday getting the handbrake set up and adjusted properly.

going to nip up wheel bearings at the front (i re did inner axle oil seal last week, always seems wheel bearings need a tweak after a few miles then they stay fine).

Ok, so its happened twice this week. Out this morning, turned the key and nothing.. well practically nothing. Cold morning - Battery buggered. As it happens i had taken the battery out of my vintage Ferguson tractor the other day to charge it, so in it went. Its a 643 which has a higher AH rating than the 334 that was in the truck, but its also a bit bigger. I had to make a new J-Bolt out of some t-bar to retain the rear of the battery clamp, and the terminals are on the front side, but it fit.... just! All this because i don't have €140 lying about for a new battery. The joys of the recession!!

F8884307-F57F-4DFA-A76B-B4D2185E99EA-12758-0000072FF2B7CC9B.jpg

552800C7-E060-4D8B-B254-B4DB6BD789E0-12758-0000072FE8A15D3B.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Very easily done Marius, I'll be updating my garage thread later with what I did.

should be 28100-17060 but I bought after market not OEM.

Ordered new wheels and tyres :)

Fitted new stereo and brought the harness up to date and cut out the mess that was in there from previous stereos

Fitted UHF and antenna

Fitted new radio antenna

Lubed all hinges and locks

Removed the old stickers on the windows

Managed to get the spare wheel out as mechanisim was seized

Ordered new sheepskin seat covers

My truck was converted to 12 volt start about this time last year, just thought it would be good to have the part number for future reference.

It was a warm sunny day on Saturday so I pulled the winch off to start stripping down the front ARB. I can't believe that the bumper and the winch have suffered so much from paint/powder coat lifting. They're both 4 years old and in a terrible state. Not impressed with ARB finishings, the rear is as bad and they cost an arm and a couple of legs.

Found a workshop who will ceramic bead-blast the bumper and prep and paint it with something tidy. I'll get some recovery points welded on while it's off the car. The winch casing has also lost it's powder coat. I'll do that by hand and brush paint it.

Has anyone else been disappointed with powder coat peeling off their ARB bumpers? I've got rust blistering on the tubes and there's no sign of any protection left on all the welds, rusty as fluck. Good metal and fabrication but a lousy finish Mr ARB, not impressed.

Back