Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

....Ordered new sheepskin seat covers
How does sheepskin work with heated seat? Will the element overheat? Will you get any heat through the wool?

I haven't had sheepskin covers since my first and second t0yota, which didn't have seat heaters.

Nice. What size are those then?

They are 285/75/16 on deep dish rims ... i've had to trim the front bumper a little so they don't catch (don't think my bumper is very straight anyway)

got them from Charles @ JCS in Notts

hope that helps

those studs are illegal in UK unless roads completely covered in snow/ice - so would be faff to fit/swap tyres all the time

like the conversion to tracked though - that would make laning too easy though! i saw a photo of a colorado with those tracks once
In the UK it is only permissible to use studs on public roads when they are covered in snow or ice.

At Lincomb the rear wheel arch trim got a good scraping on the approach to the rock run and broke the clips. The last laning trip finished them off and I had to tape it on as a get me home fix, today I've had a go at using a silicone type sealant to glue the top edge back onto the bodywork, curing nicely so will see if it holds up tomorrow.

At Lincomb the rear wheel arch trim got a good scraping on the approach to the rock run and broke the clips. The last laning trip finished them off and I had to tape it on as a get me home fix, today I've had a go at using a silicone type sealant to glue the top edge back onto the bodywork, curing nicely so will see if it holds up tomorrow.

We have been using this product at work with some good results it really does stick, a lot better than normal silicone, but you might already be using something similar but i thought id let you know.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/137699-Ev...Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&hash=item4d04a02c78

Joe

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Be nice Trevor. Try not make it look like the 70. LB still had some decency about her ;)

Took unadvertised bits of the 120, removed Parrot kit. :(

Be nice Trevor. Try not make it look like the 70. LB still had some decency about her

Her underskirts may have had a litlle tickle Crispin but with a little TLC the Ol ' Girl will have had the benefit of some good old fashioned Northern foreplay and she'll be the better for it :lol: I know how to treat a Lady

How does sheepskin work with heated seat? Will the element overheat? Will you get any heat through the wool?

I haven't had sheepskin covers since my first and second t0yota, which didn't have seat heaters.

No heated seats on this one.........dont even have electric windows ;-)

Changed the alternator on the 80 last night for a 120 amp version.

:lol: the old 80 amp unit was being a bit lazy so I thought I might as well upgrade, then rebuild the old unit and keep it as a spare. Be better having the higher output if I did have a winch though :whistle:

Actually got to fit the window rubbers this afternoon that i got from the good Mr Wildsmith. What a difference it has made. The best results yet from a simple change, i now have four working windows, excellent.
The rear windows only used to drop lees than an inch with the old rubbers in. Rubbers changed, greased runners and door cards put back together in no time.

I removed the rear door speakers as a previous owner had put aftermarket ones in and they were fouling the mechanisms, Am now on the look out for some speakers that fit.

Cheers Mark.

always nice when it turns out something expensive was worth it :icon-biggrin:

I finaly got my windows door rubbers and replaced the old ones. What a difference. :)

This afternoon I sanded and painted my centre caps to match the powder coated rims. I used 2 coats of high build plastic primer, followed by 2 coats of 2K clear. The 2k comes in aerosol form and is activated by pressing a button on the bottom of the can. I'm pretty happy with the result (the iPhone pic doesn't do the finish any justice).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352062730.206800.jpg

I have been sprottling around underneath it this morning looking for various ailments :violin: Figured out why the rear heater doesn't.
Coolant pipes had corroded and a U bend had been put in to bypass it. Will try to get silicone pipe today to replace.

Previous owner had disconnected alarm as it had started sounding as they let the battery go flat, its the Scorpion 918T which I believe came factory fitted, so I didn't hold out much hope for it, but with a bit of twiddling it's back working. I think that's my first success with this car, yay! :dance:

Going to order new front and rear discs and pads today (once I figure out what size I need). Just ordered the rear brake shoes and fitting kit, a new aircon reservoir, rear actuator guard, POR15 and some spring compressors.

Still got to find out why both heated seats don't work and why the rear doors don't switch on the interior light (I'm starting to genuinely believe in Gremlins).

Then this afternoon I might be picking up the new wheels and tyres (or maybe not as the rear shocks are dying at an alarming rate) and preparing for the suspension arriving on Monday :icon-cool:

As far as my wife is concerned though I'm tidying up the shed :eusa-shhh:

Back