Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

I can't be certain when the ABS stopped working as I have been driving in rear wheel drive for the last few months with the centre diff lock engaged. Read the codes and it's complaining about front left mainly and rear right (2 codes, one mentions both sensors). Unfortunately won't have time as got MOT booked tomorrow so in the hands on the local garage. Need to get the truck back on the road asap.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ahh, yes you are. Technically it's a fail I believe. The light has to be on and then go out when the engine is started.

Chris

Chris you are correct this is from the GOV MOT web siteBrakes
Condition including inappropriate repairs or modifications, operation and performance (efficiency test). Note the removal of the road wheels and trims are not part of the test. ABS or electronic stability control (ESC) where fitted. Check of the MIL for ABS, electronic stability control, electronic park brake and brake fluid warning.

Martin

I'd clear the codes and check again seeing as you've been fiddling, to make sure you're looking at current data.

How do I reset the codes? Thought you can only read them and they went away when the problem is fixed.

According to there web site it states that the ABS light has to function correctly ie comes on when ignition switched on the goes off when engine started as per manufacturers orginal spesification meaning distinguishes in a certain amount of timeso many seconds. This is applicable to the airbag warning light and brake warning/ fluid light aswell.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
BR-27 in RM315E :icon-wink: better you read it than I try and describe it as shorting pins and a little tap dance is involved.

EDIT: and yes, ABS light malfunction is a definite fail.

Last edited:
Mate, sorry just read that again Doh. I thought it said ARE you correct not you are correct. It'll all make sense in the morning.

So, it's what I said in the first place. Fortunately I don't have any airbags on mine.

Hmm reset - yes you can, can't remember if it's battery or fuse or some ceremony performed naked under an oak tree in the light of a full moon, whilst operating both front window mechanisms.

Chris

Last edited:
Missed a couple of posts, really bad reception here. Thanks Jon will try that in the morning before I take it in.

They just let me out, finger kinda intact now.

What have you been up to Rob Wronski?? Nothing to equal my stupidity I hope... :wtf:

Stupid yes, but a bit more unexpected. All I was doing was replacing the cartridge in a grease gun, I decided the best way to do that would be to push the old one out with my favourite prying screwdriver. The screwdriver slipped (I wonder why :icon-rolleyes:) and sliced a big chunk out of my index finger on the tube. I could lift the skin about 30mm off my finger... I needed to finish the truck as I won't make it to Lincomb so now have a very bloody first aid kit in the LC. Later that day when I put the LC back together I had a look and the skin was not a colour you associate with living/healthy things so decided to get it looked at.

Lesson learned, don't just grab the first tool you see. Find the right one for the job, which ironical was within arms reach (pliers in this case to pull the tube out the other end). Sounds familiar Gav? :lol:

Last edited:
I went to fix a leaking sun roof drain last night ... but found out that it was running clear and free :(

So the next plan is to hit the car wash with SWMBO and a pressure washer whilst I crawl around to try and figure out where the leak is coming from.

Fixed my ABS, had to replace the front loom myself as the garage could not locate the problem...

thats good news - so it was just a wiring fault then - not sensor?

Yeah, just a simple wiring fault.

Replaced inner axle oil seal (again) drivers side.

New rear discs if they arrive tomorrow.

Nipped up the rear diff pinion bearing today and yesterday bolted the Gav plate back on.

New air filter from Milner and went to replace the rear brake pads - I think the lower caliper bolt is ceased and that I started to snap it off. Sprayed loads of wd40 and ordered some plus gas to try that as well. If i apply some heat to the bolt and spray with plus gas to try and get it to suck in what do you think the chance of me getting the bolt out without snapping it off? Worst case I'm guessing i'll have to buy centre punch, centre drill and some easy outs sooner than I would have liked?

Back