Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

should have looked at the next page of posts before I posted!

First MOT yesterday and she sailed through with no advisories.

Very happy

fitted a replacement starter motor ......

Cheers Karl ....it works great :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Started to fit my new rear ARB with extended and strengthened drop-links (thanks Dr Jon) and had to give up coz it started to chuck sleet at me :icon-evil: Oh well, at least the new ARB seems to be solid bar vs the old hollow bar (it weighs a ton) and is a lot beefier too - pic has old end-point in the middle, and new ARB end-poin on the outside, for comparison

null_zps97e0725d.jpg

Apologies for the poor pic quality - bad light stopped play ...

Hopefully the weather will sort itself out tomorrow :pray: :cry:

I decided -2 was as warm as its ever gonna get so i took my passenger seat outside and started stripping the messed up dye job off so i can start again . Then sleet started . At least i know now dipping your fingers in acetone when the weather is freezing is not something anyone wants on there bucket list !

Finished the install on my T Max split charge. Works well, decent job putting it in to or a change. No bodging. Got the wires through the dash very first attempt. First time in 30 years that's happened. Only thing I don't like compared to the IBS is that the display doesn't light up when you first put the key in. The IBS IIRC lights up and you can see battery condition before you turn the starter. Still, third of the price.

Then I put the first of my new Lodar wireless remotes in. And a new super heavy duty isolator. That all went well too. So tomoz it looks like rear winch remote and maybe play with the disc handbrake.

Chris

Won't be doing anything today :(

eeb1f400256ac1f236d18efa62e06b72_zps4c3ce24f.jpg

Still piling down. Oh well, into the hills with the pup :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Finished the install on my T Max split charge. Works well, decent job putting it in to or a change. No bodging. Got the wires through the dash very first attempt. First time in 30 years that's happened. Only thing I don't like compared to the IBS is that the display doesn't light up when you first put the key in. The IBS IIRC lights up and you can see battery condition before you turn the starter. Still, third of the price.

Then I put the first of my new Lodar wireless remotes in. And a new super heavy duty isolator. That all went well too. So tomoz it looks like rear winch remote and maybe play with the disc handbrake.

Chris

Hey chris how much more responsive would you say the lodar is to the cheap Chinese remotes?

Significantly I'd say at least £170 better. Instant response and works over a really good distance. Dead easy install too. It's a proper box of tricks
The control box can be mounted outside too and doesn't suffer from signal interruption

Chris

At £170 will it do both front and back winch or is that £170 an end??:wtf:

No that's £170 each end. But that was a special show price buying a pair. They are usually more than that. There is a system you can buy that it 4 channel or even 6 channel, but it's more wiring and you can't run two winches actually at the same time without a mod. When you do, they only go in the same direction. Usually when I use two, I want one in and the other one out. So that was no good. I bought the 92100-3 versions.

Yeah, I know, £340 to make your winch work when you get a wandering lead for free. People will be thinking 'more money than sense' but when's that ever had anything to do with it. This is about doing a proper job and I use my truck in anger and recently have become p*ssed off with winch issues. Mostly those cheap Chinese remotes or from dodgy plug wiring. I have put in a new winch isolator too which is industrial strength. Not one of those cheapo 'rally' cut offs. When you need a winch, it's usually because you actually NEED a winch. So for me, it HAS to work every time.

If you're going to do a job....... eh?

The control box that comes with it is pretty serious. It has all sorts of flashing LEDs inside (must be good), it's rated for explosive atmospheres and all that. It's also guaranteed for 5 years.

Here's one of the boxes. It's the perfect place for it in my install actually.

Lodar.jpg

The front one is in the grille, facing backwards. I made up some brackets and popped it in there so it's easy to get to.

Chris

Got a fair bit done today.

Cut, shrink wrapped, and put the terminal ends on for the wire used in the Aux fuse box along with running the wires. As a note to those with a 100 the drivers side grommet is double skinned and DON'T remove the grommet as it a bugger to get back on.

Got the winch out and ready to install

Removed the centre dash and cd stacker to mount an inverter and got that stripped

Finished up the rest of the centre dash and switchs

Roll on tomorrow

Whilst the wife's away the lounge has been transformed

8563096374_32619f1e06_c.jpg

Last edited:
:shock: brave man to be working with that lot on a cream carpet, indeed a brave man

like your mode of carting stuff to and from the the truck(little baby buggy)

Your front room is starting to look like mine. With two Cruisers now I also see no end to the parts mayhem on the floor.

As a note to those with a 100 the drivers side grommet is double skinned and DON'T remove the grommet as it a bugger to get back on.
Squeeze the tabs on the plastic frame on the inside and it will push through into the engine bay, then it's easy to refit the grommet and then push to click the plastic frame back into place. That's how it worked on mine anyway.

Squeeze the tabs on the plastic frame on the inside and it will push through into the engine bay, then it's easy to refit the grommet and then push to click the plastic frame back into place. That's how it worked on mine anyway.

Cheers Jon I found that out the hard way after much swearing and cursing.

MOT passed today with just the obligatory advisory on the hand brake - totally wrapped.

Back