Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Never used to like the black rims but they do grow on you. Are they new?

They are new second hand ones. They are 80 series alloys that i bought off Karl at Landcruiser parts, and he gets them powder coated for you if you want them done. I think they make the truck look a bit more up to date.

Cheers, Mark

Nice clean truck Mark :icon-wink:

The black alloys do look well. I collected two trucks the other day and the wheels were mint on both but in silver.The guy said you may as well put a set on yours hadnt you. I said ive only just had the black ones done and fitted :eusa-snooty:

Thanks karl,
I am happy with them. Well worth the wait whilst i saved up for the tyres. It looks a completly different truck now as the previous owner had 245 70 16 tyres fitted.

Cheers, Mark

Fitted new rear section to the Colorado exhaust after work last night. I do love working in the rain and wind outside. That's cat back been replaced now. Next is the drivers side pipe between manifold and Y section. Going to patch that bit with a flexi sleeve. Annoyingly its not the pipe that's rotten on any of it (aside from mid box - HOW MUCH Mr T!!?) - its the flanges have rotted away.

Next is the drivers side pipe between manifold and Y section. Going to patch that bit with a flexi sleeve. Annoyingly its not the pipe that's rotten on any of it (aside from mid box - HOW MUCH Mr T!!?) - its the flanges have rotted away.

I've got similar issues - my cat-back is custom SS, so no worries there but the manifold and Y section are certainly leaking from somewhere.... I haven't had a good look (not in this weather) but I'm sure I'll have to do a similar repair.

Fitted an outer front N/S CV joint to the XC90 yesterday. Never did one before and it went very well. Quite chuffed actually. However, not totally convinced the old one was that bad, given my relative inexperience with CV joints. It did make a bit of noise but not the usual really noticable cracking. When I did get it tapped off it felt nice and tight internally with no wear that I could feel, or loose bits. Maybe only noticable with the weight of the car on it? Also, I noticed that the grease was filthy black and nearly degraded to thick oil in viscosity. Methinks that might have been the problem. :think::think: If I'd had time to strip and clean the old one I would have, but, seeing as I had the new one, I bunged it on anyway. It'll be going at the end of the month anyway....
I kept the old one intact and I'll clean it up anyway, seeing as it's there. Someone might be glad of it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
20130214_131707.jpg

nice one Carl, but you need to put the rope through the hole in the front :lol:

Cheers guys .... that bumper and a pair of almost new headlights came to a rather good price of £300. :icon-cool:

Looks a bargin, looks like everything will bounce off that bumper. What paint did you use on the grill, sets the front off well. Looks good not chrome.

Cheers, Mark

Last edited:
Looks a bargin, looks like everything will bounce off that bumper. What paint did you use on the grill, sets the front off well. Looks good not chrome.

Cheers, Mark

just ordinary satin black rattle can

Very nice who's the bumper from or rather what make is it

Thanks

Very nice who's the bumper from or rather what make is it

Thanks

Unfortunatley ... i have no idea.

i happened to spot the bumper on a diesel 80 that was being broken for spares local to me

I recognise the bumper, it was made by a UK company but I can't remember the name. Think the bumper cost £300-£400 new, they were on sale on ebay a while back. We certainly discussed them on here.

Back