Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Warning for others visiting Lincomb for the first time ...... Let the scouts wash your truck before you leave and don't like me be tempted to drive home and wait 2 days to clean it . 2 hours with a Bosch 120bar power washer just about got the truck clean enough to be allowed in the automated car wash at the supermarket . I now have my very own Lincomb lane at the back of my house as the tarmac is now red mud :icon-biggrin: All told 3 hours and now my truck just needs like it could do with a wash :icon-smile:

Ha ha yes i had that under my LC for ages

sorted busted air con pipe just a piece of 8mm copper pipe and two hydraulic compression fittings
IMG_0541_zpsb6c2caa0.jpg
IMG_0542_zps4f659bcf.jpg
and gave the auto box a fresh top up of ws oil
IMG_0538_zpsbb2a6cd0.jpg

been fiddling about with trim, replacing one of my rear 'air vent'? things Took off rear interior trim and revealed a LOT of rust around my wheel well..gonna have to do some more digging around to see just how bad it all is.

1VhFBY7.jpg

sorted a bit o rust to Wangjjang -think I will take a look inside after seeing youre pic :pray:
IMG_0520_zpsab96164d.jpg
IMG_0537_zps8f14ac6e.jpg

Pete, what did you use to treat the rust?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Got the gutters straight on the 78 (The Baron) will gently steam off the underneath....

but have had an offer on the 90.....

The diff lock is non operational so am trying to free off the pin, Anyone got any ideas. I reckon the actuator is goosed

Has anyone tried drilling one and filling it with WD 40 or similar ?

Pete, what did you use to treat the rust?

I use Dychem Super Limate on the boat to remove rust and its astonishing stuff just rub it in with a paint brush and wash the rust away . I have got a number for the supplier somewhere i will post it up later , i thinks its about £3.80 for 5 litres but i expect postage will add a fair bit to the price .

Dychem Ltd Super Limate office 01582 723861 . I've never personally ordered from them direct as i get mine from a supplier to commercial fishing boats when i order ropes and stuff .

Thanks Shayne. However I was hoping for a Dinitrol/Waxoyl type product that would react with the rust and provide a barrier/coating preventing further rust.

The Dinitrol stuff is usually recommended, just need to get the prep done, which is the really hard bit!

Changed all the oils, engine & filter, front/rear axles, gearbox/transfer box.

Smooth...! :lol:

For anti rust treatment in the chassis and door cavities and behind the trim panels inside etc, in fact, anywhere that's not directly exposed to the weather, I've been using ACF50. Does a fantastic job of keeping the bikes free of corrosion over winter.

Chadr the prep was what i was thinking of , we all know there is no point in just painting over rust . This super limate is cheap and instead of scrubbing with a wire brush and sand paper etc (though you would prob still do that on the worst rust) its more like polishing brass with Brasso for want of a better explanation . What would take you hours to achieve scrubbing with wire wool this stuff will do in 2 minutes just rubbing with a paint brush .

I'm with you on the ACF50 Phil, started using it on the bike a few years ago and still all the fasteners and alloy bits are like new.I've used it in odd corners and crevices in the Cruiser and I guess its worked there too.

Andy

I have six for steel wheels. Drop me you your address and I'll post 'em to you tomorrow.

I have six spare steel wheel nuts - give me an address and I'll post 'em tomorrow.

Took the road tyres off the stock rims and added them to the collection in the garage, gave the rims a clean up with a wire wheel and splashed some paint at them. Not The most perfect paint job but it'll do. Just need to put the 33's on and swap them over on the 80, need to make space to store the 35's!

Took the road tyres off the stock rims and added them to the collection in the garage, gave the rims a clean up with a wire wheel and splashed some paint at them. Not The most perfect paint job but it'll do. Just need to put the 33's on and swap them over on the 80, need to make space to store the 35's!

sounds a bit like my garage:lol:

Back