Country Flag
england
Figures make depressing reading though

Cylinder Dry Wet
1 500 500
2 500 510
3 470 470
4 350 370

So hopefully I will have the head off next weekend and move to the next stage of diagnosis, and answer the question is it valves or con rod?

Last edited:
what should they read ? hope you get it sorted out soon and not too much cost

Haynes and Max Ellery say nothing about what the compression psi should be. Can't find anything on t'interweb so can only assume the 500psi readings off 1 and 2 cylinders is what to aim for.

The low reading on 3 could be gasket failing between 3 and 4 but no point speculating until I get the head off I guess

I will have a look in the FSM for you Trev. :icon-wink:

I've even got the supplement that covers your 1KZ-TE engine. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
According to the FSM:-

Compression Pressure: 3,040 kPa (31.0 kgf/cm2, 441psi) or more

Minimum pressure: 1,961 kPa (20.0kgf/cm2, 284 psi)

Difference between each cylinder: 490 kPa (5.0 kgf/cm2, 71 psi) or less.
:icon-wink:

If you want a PDF copy of the FSM let me know and I will email it you. :thumbup:

Martin beat me to it. :doh:

Cheers Gents, yes please Ben.

@ TonyP, down but not out. She will roar again.

Just sent it across. :icon-wink:

Hopefully its the right email address. :pray:

Trevor, I seem to have missed this? Maybe due to still not 'seeing' my way around this new board. What's occurred?

By the way, Lil Blue is an 'it' not a she. It's a CAR. :icon-rolleyes:

Really hope it's nothing major there mate. Nothing worse than car trouble. Tough little engines those 3.0L's

Chris

Trev - how did you get water in the engine

Pete

Now how come I missed that thread? I am on here all the time as you know. Never saw that.

Hmm, I think I see the problem though Trevor. You see what you need is

A NARROW BOAT

Chris

I've missed this one myself and have only stumbled over it thinking I must send Trev a PM, see how he's getting on? Only to find this thread when looking at Trev's profile to send him a PM! I think that threads just drop off the front page at the end of each day and if your out of the loop for a couple of days you can miss loads over a busy weekend! The other thing that gets me a little irritated is the way a thread that you've only just read then disappears front the front page after you've read it. I think that there's definite improvements over the old site, but like you Chris and others I'm sure there are certain aspects of the new way, that I find a little frustrating, anyway enough of that for now.

Wow! Trev, feeling your pain here my friend! Such a shame that your having to go through all of this after what was one hell of a crack of day:icon-biggrin: I'm still laughing about getting Martin out of his truck because he had a green strop wrapped around one of his tyres :lol: We could keep listing the laughs and fun we had that day and on the weekend we had together in Wales when Ben fell off the road, but there's not enough room on the page :icon-biggrin: :icon-wink: It's these laughs and the crack that get us all through the low moments that we've all been through when things just don't seem to be going in our preferred direction :icon-biggrin: Keep smiling m8 :icon-biggrin: Oh and hurry up and get that truck fixed as Martins not going to want it in that condition and we've got a tree to move in the new year :thumbup: :icon-wink:

Last edited:
I have spent a very very long day to get the cylinder head off, but have been foiled by one lousy bolt at the rear of the head which is the only thing stopping me actually pulling the head out of the truck. Tried every tool I could think of and suffice to say have started to round the head.

Decided to admit defeat as I know what I'm like when I get tired and irritable, so I think the only option is to try and weld a piece of flat to the bolt head and try to crack it off that way grrr.

Last edited:
:icon-cry:It's always like that, last bolt giving you grief.

Irvin bolt removers

Oh yes

C

Back