Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series spill control valve

Humpo1

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi, Having problems with over spill valve,( could be electric supply) . Toyota do not list the item and say I need a new pump!, any help out there, Regards Humpo1 .

This sounds as though it might be an electrical problem with the over spill valve. You can always ask Toyota, but typically they'll say you need a new pump I'm afraid.

What is an 'over spill valve' anyway?

What model landcruiser?

I think what the guys are light-heartedly asking/ insinuating is you haven't given us much to go on so answering your question is going to be a bit difficult.

What model LC? What year? Engine size? Fuel type? Symptoms of problem? It might sound silly but the owners are generally in possession of more technical knowledge on issues and common problems than the main dealers at times. Give us as much info as you can and there will probably be someone along to help you out with a simple fix or even offer to sell you the right parts to fix the problem.

Hi, Sorry ,more info, 1999 amazon,over spill valve is on top of the pump toward the rear, elec supply comes via two wires into small grey plug and socket. When the engine cuts out I wiggle this plug and it makes conection and it will start . It seems there could be a mod to this plug?. I have been told that a large amount of power is used thro the wires?. Any answers, Regards Humpo1

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
1999 Amazon = 100 series LC
Spill Control Valve - means it's a diesel, probably a 1HD-FTE engine, as that's the most common in Europe.

On the first years of this car, there's a known problem with the plug on the Spill Valve, on the cable from the EDU. (think there's a TSB on this)
Take off the covers and check the plug. The female part can be exchanged with two 3.2 mm spade connectors, and sealed with vulk-tape -- if that's the problem.. Otherwise, I read somewhere that it is poss to change the valve only, as well.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for this info about new female conection sounds about right. I am seeing somebody on Monday 31st who is pretty good with pumps and injectors, he normally works on shoguns but has come across this problem on L/C. I will keep you posted with what he does. Regards Humpo1 .

Hi, solved the problem with over spill valve, it was elec fault ,I had the two pins in the plug replaced, they are sprung loaded and had got weak, if they could not be done in the plug they could have gone onto the two male terminals in the socket . Cost me £50.00 but worth every penny. The firm that did the job deal with pump and injectors, very clever people,I can supply company name etc if any body needs help, Regards Humpo1.

Good news indeed, that little nugget of info will be logged by hundy owners in case they have a prob. (inc me :icon-biggrin: )

Andy

Back