Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 Series wanted

Trevor

Country Flag
england
I have a customer who is looking for a 100 series.

Auto preferred but will consider a manual.
Diesel or Petrol but not an LPG conversion.
Standard suspension, no AHC.
No preference on cloth v leather seats.
Some form of service history.
Mechanically sound and reasonably decent underneath.

For his budget a pre facelift is likely to be the order of the day, somewhere circa 2000.

Last edited:
I might be interested in selling my 2001 VX 4.7L with LPG conversion. In excellent mechanical order and bodywork very good for the age. Self serviced since I've owned it.

That would be somewhere around the year 2000, if I found one at that money I'd be all over it and change my name to Halifax Henry :)

I might be interested in selling my 2001 VX 4.7L with LPG conversion. In excellent mechanical order and bodywork very good for the age. Self serviced since I've owned it.

I'll check with him re fuel type but PM sent.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not this 100 owner. I owned an 80 GXL in S.Africa and loved it. Did really tough trails with the guys and also did over-landing tours into Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique and Lesotho, for which the heavily modified 80 was ideal. But if you want a comfortable highway cruiser the 80 sucks in comparison to a 100 VX in every respect and the 100 is still very off road capable. Different strokes for different times in your life I guess.

Not this 100 owner. I owned an 80 GXL in S.Africa and loved it. Did really tough trails with the guys and also did over-landing tours into Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique and Lesotho, for which the heavily modified 80 was ideal. But if you want a comfortable highway cruiser the 80 sucks in comparison to a 100 VX in every respect and the 100 is still very off road capable. Different strokes for different times in your life I guess.

Completely agree with Ken, A "Hundie" to an 80 is like an 80 to a 60, progress moves forward only.

Ken I wouldn't take that comment too seriously.

100's are alright, I suppose ....

Ken I wouldn't take that comment too seriously.

100's are alright, I suppose ....

Ha ha Chris, don't knock it till you've tried it, unless your criteria is that you are going to do an expedition completely off the highway.
i remember coming round to yours in the Hundie and you still wasn't convinced.

Back