Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Are our big LC100's becoming classic's?

chilipepper

Well I think the fuel issue is effecting us all!

I'm selling my old Mercedes 450SLC to make space for this future classic, the last of the real big no frills 4x4, a classic!

I run the fuel for my 4.2TD (19mpg with the lift kit and oversize tyres) through my company but I just couldn't justify keeping it on the road when it was costing alot more just in desiel each month (£700) than my business partners new lease Merc E Class (E250 CDI 15,000 miles a year £375 a month plus 45mpg)

But instead of selling it's been put out to pasture and is now only used for family holiday's, shooting and towing the boat! I cant part with it and I hope it will last me for 20 years!

I couldn't sign up to a new car for three years, (I'd get bored, the LC100 is the first 'everyday' car that I've kept more than 18months) so instead took the plunge and bought an 55,000mile 06 Jaguar XJ 2.7TDVI Sport for £10K, done 7,000 miles in 10 weeks at 38mpg.

Couldn't be happier

Fuel? I've run my LC100 for coming on for four years on Biodiesel my costs are <30p per litre! I couldn't tell you what a 4.2TD does to the gallon - don't really care.

I last made fuel in July and I'm going to make produce again to make my stock to last until January. 2500 litres every year completely tax free :)

Back