Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Back seat alternatives for HDJ80

LegoCruiser

Supporter
Country Flag
sweden
Can’t believe I’m looking at another land cruiser but anyway……a 1993 HDJ80 with a missing back seat. Looks like a nice one but I need at least 4 belted seats so what are the options for a replacement? My guesses below, but if anyone knows I’d love to hear what’s possible:
-OEM: seems unlikely to be still available and probably the priciest if they are?
- used, maybe?
- aftermarket , plenty of options it seems for front but zero for back seat?
- another vehicle from Toyota /other series/hilux different manufacturer?
Thanks

I don't think that finding a set of third row seats will be difficult. Most people take them out. I think I have two mint sets myself. In the fabric not leather. If you mean middle seats, I think I have a set of those too as will Karl I'd think.

It would help if we knew the trim the Cruiser had, colour, materiel type and whether its the middle seats or rearmost ( 3rd row) . Note, some 80's had no facility for the 3rd row , ie. GS models and JDM imports, with this comes no factort seat belt mounts.
I have a mountain of the 3rd row seats as I always remove them if that helps.

Thanks for the replies already! So it’s the middle bench seat I was after - although I guess the third row would work - it would make the load space less usable. So the front seats are grey fabric (see pic). I don’t have the trim code yet but have asked for this info.
F6C1A143-40E9-41EF-9D4A-44D8BECF350F.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Or ones in Sweden of course.

Hey @LegoCruiser, My truck has that trim and I've never used the third row seats so your welcome to have them.

Cannot part with the middle row as I do occasionally use them.

IMG_20210624_175627.jpg

I have these mad factory fit leather Recaro jump seats. They must have been some kind of hideously expensive option. Never seen them anywhere else. They are very, very comfortable - so much so that the family don't really fight about who is going to go in the front

Downside is that they don't fold forward for carry stuff in the back

IMG_4489.jpg

Blimey, not seen those before. OEM or aftermarket VIP upgrade?

They're in Mushroom and there's a leaflet about the Recaro option with the handbook so pretty sure it was a factory or dealer option

Nice. Hang to to the docs and the car for that matter. Going to be quite distinactive and maybe even more valuable in the future

These I think are the same as in some of the Audi UR Quattros, and probably worth a fortune in that circles!

New guy here :greetings-waveyell:, just wondering what does it entail of installing 3rd row seats on a Jap HDJ81 VX limited.
Trim material for the seats seem to be similar to OP, been looking for a set on the web but can't find any :neutral:

Not impossible but the bodyshells were made not to have rear seats or seatbelts, ie. no captive nuts for installation or reinforcing points. I wouldn't know about the legality of retro fitting rear seats and belts if an accident occurred and someone was injured.

Back