Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Big Bertha the Blue Cruiser

If they are leaking make sure it’s not oil getting past the inner axle seal from the diff. I was told my hubs were leaking because of pitting but it was actually oil from the diff as this seal had failed. I had it replaced with a special sea kit from terrain tamer last month, a thousand miles later all is dry
4000 miles and still dry, the only bit of the truck not losing oil!!

just a heads up Hayden, before you get too far with the springs, they are Milner ones which give a very hard ride. If you are passing anytime I'll show you an alternative ie OEM ones which are more compliant. This just a thought.

I had a set of Milner springs once, they lasted one 6 week trip to Africa!

I had a set of Milner springs once, they lasted one 6 week trip to Africa!

Me too Andy, one front one snapped at the bush end within a year after hitting a pot hole

I guess Mr T. invested a lot of time getting the leaf springs as good as they could compromising longevity with ride quality. If you look how they are made compared with most aftermarket ones ( except OME which are pretty much a copy of Mr T's) then the after market ones just don't work as the internal damping by their construction means they are far too stiff.

I guess Mr T. invested a lot of time getting the leaf springs as good as they could compromising longevity with ride quality. If you look how they are made compared with most aftermarket ones ( except OME which are pretty much a copy of Mr T's) then the after market ones just don't work as the internal damping by their construction means they are far too stiff.
Yep, pretty please with my HD OME, but oh my days, the cost!:weary:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hope everyone had a good Christmas and all that jazz, been a while since Ive had time to work on the truck. Been firing the welder up !

DSC_2968.JPG DSC_2971.JPG DSC_2987.JPG DSC_2988.JPG DSC_2995.JPG DSC_2996.JPG DSC_2997.JPG DSC_2999.JPG DSC_3002.JPG DSC_3003.JPG DSC_3004.JPG DSC_3006.JPG DSC_3007.JPG DSC_3011.JPG DSC_3012.JPG DSC_3014.JPG DSC_3022.JPG DSC_3024.JPG

Looking Good... I wish i could be bothered to do my 80 Properly like You.. Ah! well.. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Hayden,
Great job and a big effort, am not a Mig Welder although I have access to one and hope I never need it for our HJ61.
I fixed up rust around the windscreen and used a product called KBS, similar to the US product POR15, its like Araldite except you do not mix it. Unfortunately I think the rust is coming from the inside of the roof and will have to take the lining out to fix with KBS sometime in the future. Will look at doing my wheel arches with KBS also.

Peter

Is that the Spare wheel support Cross piece, In the last couple of pics... Iv removed the one from my 80 and apart from the mechanism being seized All was in good nick.. Very inspiring work mate.. Keeps me enthusiastic about mine When its cold and Miserable outside...

Thats the plan Andy would be wicked to have it running for summer. How are things up your neck of the woods?

Hi Hayden, its great to see something being done which frankly I would have never had time to do, and be done so well. I'm a big believer in shot blasting being the only thoroughly effective way of rust eradication and after that it should last a very long time.
Up in my neck of the woods since you came I've sold the other 60, the black Collie, the Silver Collie, worked extensively on the 80 which was outside my house and thats on the road now and bought my 120.
If you need any parts I've stacks of stuff ( not body panels yet though) if it helps.

Sounds like you have been busy hows the 80 looking? Have you still got the saharah? I agree shot blasting is a good way of getting rid of rust I had the frame and lots of other parts blasted. Then etch primed them at home, slowly painted my way through it all. Sweet ill bare that in mind when it comes to putting it back together.

Is that the Spare wheel support Cross piece, In the last couple of pics... Iv removed the one from my 80 and apart from the mechanism being seized All was in good nick.. Very inspiring work mate.. Keeps me enthusiastic about mine When its cold and Miserable outside...
Yeah that is the wheel support same with mine it was frozen up, got it all working know. The links in the chain had been bent out of shape. ill get a photo of the finished thing.

More photos got a hangover and cant handle the workshop today so thought you might like an update. I'm looking for a new front panel as the one I have is rather rusty. If anyone has one they would like to part with that would be great, please see rusty front panel bellow

IMG_20190113_211310.jpg IMG_20190113_211329.jpg IMG_20190216_174642_01.jpg IMG_20190222_170707.jpg IMG_20190224_123117.jpg

The Chassis looks great.. Its really taking shape.. Cracking Job There Hayden...:thumbup: Shame about the front panel...

Back