Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Big tyres

Its hard to tell from your pics but they look like standard collie alloys sitting almost flush with the wheel arches , which suggests skinny tyres and wheel spacers ?

Looks pretty good though so maybe you just want a similar sized tyre with an aggressive sidewall , cooper stt , toyo open country , BFG KM2 , Mud Rage off the top of my head

Shayne if I didn’t want to change the rim size what’s the largest tyre size I could potentially put on it ?

I think 265/70 on landcruiser 80 alloy rims is the subtle choice and it looks like it should have come from the factory new looking that way , Andy should be able to confirm ?

1636822303076.jpeg

275/70/16's on 80 series wheels ( 0 offset) on standard suspension.

I've sold it now. With that set up there was the slightest rub. This was cured with a 2" lift, it didn't catch then. I did like it but it was noisy compared with the 120 I replaced it with.

Different strokes huh , I must assume that the very same things which convinced you to swap convinced me I never will .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Shayne

would you happen to know approx what wheel size are these on this shogun I really like these wheels and ultimately want these on my swb landcruiser

Attachments

• B1B250AF-06E8-4EA4-88B1-5C2A5E33F16C.jpeg
    B1B250AF-06E8-4EA4-88B1-5C2A5E33F16C.jpeg
    621.8 KB · Views: 35
I don't know much about Pajero's but at a glance I'd guess 15x10 with a -35 offset and 35x12.50 tyres .

We have similar tastes :icon-wink:

1637246586339.png

MY FAT 80.jpg

I think the neighbours kids keep feeding my trucks :lol:

Last edited:
Different strokes huh , I must assume that the very same things which convinced you to swap convinced me I never will .

Different strokes indeed Shayne, diverse opinions are what makes this forum such a good place for discussions.

If I want rough but tough I'll take a 60 out with Milner springs.

I don't Karl , it should be well known by now that i don't think of my phone as a camera so every on the road pic comes from somebody else (probably Nick) .

I hear you Andy , I reckon a 60 series with my 24 valve engine and manual gearbox would fit me like a glove , though i've never driven a 60 .

Goes back to my bike days i guess and the realization that theres not enough road to feel the speed on a full fairing race bike , but a jacked up scrambler on knobbly tyres can offer the same grin factor at much lower speeds .

Passengers are always shocked when i say oops i crept up to 90mph in the 80 , its so smooth it just doesn't feel fast , which of course is a good thing but .......... well you get what i mean i'm sure .

Last edited:
Aw shucks :blush: kind of you to say so but truth be known the 80 never really appealed to me beyond "I want that engine" .............. and then i seen Chris Lund's 80 which woke my imagination .

First in line here

1639165386310.png

Back