Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

blow lamp

goodoldboy

I have just spent nearly an hour grinding off a nut(with a dremmel) on the front suspension top mount - had to "move " in the inner panel to get a socket in & still managed to round off the nut.Tried heat with my little pen torch but it wasn't up to the job so i need something better/hotter any ideas?

Irwin nut extractors and a breaker bar. You won't round it off with those. Heat not a good idea there as the isolation pad is rubber. You need to keep that bit cool.
If you use the little pen torch however, the best thing it heat and cold heat and cold. Use something like WD40 to cool it. As it cools it will pull the oil in via capillary action. Do have a fire extinguisher or bucket handy.

Chris

I tried the irwin extractor on the other side & guess what? the stud -pressed into the "doughnut" started to turn so out with the dremmel again.

A mini Oxy Acetylene kit would do the trick, I have one and it works a treat. Not much bigger than a shoe box so very portable too.

Don't bother with the likes of MAPP gas torces as it doesn;t go hot enough for loosening up stubborn nuts, I've tried...

This is the kit I have:
http://www.diywelding.co.uk/?i=39662

Back