Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can only drive forwards gears AFTER engaging reverse?!

I think the video might be a good idea Matt. What you're describing doesn't sound like the correct behaviour for a loaded 80 BTW.

If the sensor had an electrical fault it should have shown up in the diagnostic test, what it sounds like is that the ECU does not know what position the throttle is in,

To check if it is sticking you need to feel with your finger that the throttle pin below the throttle arm lever is up against the sensor contact lever, then open the throttle fully & then release it, then again check the contact lever has returned.

Other option would be to remove the two screws holding the tps, but the back one is really difficult to undo.

Thanks Jon and Dave, sounding more and more like you guys are spot on, will send video tonight
Thanks again

Hi gents

I managed to record some it revving up and some noises associated with it. Will upload and we can take it from there. Was a long drive today but it performed much much better than it has been. Suffice to say the only issue at present is it still not pulling off first time in D and I am being gentle with it. It was changing much better today and was more responsive. Either way, I'll get underneath and have a long good look at the things you mentioned tomorrow once we're on board out of the pouring rain and report back. The plan then is 99% to get the clutch looked at and fixed by someone in Egypt. I also want to fit the air helpers at the back to make her all level - she's sagging a little at the back and seeing that I have the helpers I may as well use them.. Good tip Andrew :)

Can't thank you enough.. Signing out of Europe (only had 10mins on the net cause shuffling cash around accounts)
Matt

If you do end up looking for some auto box assistance in Eygpt, it may be worth trying to get in touch with Tom, aka 'Kayamtom', on the Hubb and on the other forum. He drove down to Cape town earlier this year in his 80 and had auto box problems early on.

If I remember correctly he spent a bit of time in Eygpt looking for a garage that could sort his auto box, so he may be able to point you in the right direction, or at least tell you who to avoid.

Here's his post on the Hubb: http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/t ... ures-47292

Hope this may be of some help. If you can't track him down, drop me a PM as I may have an E-mail address somewhere that I could try.

Good luck.

Scott.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think he was on a boat for a few days? Either that or they trying to make him drive off forwards :o

I think he's due into Alexandria tomorrow... He was due to be refurbing his brake calipers, flushing rake fluid and various other bits of maintenance on the ferry trip - I wonder how much has been done? :whistle:

Back