Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Canadian HDJ81 moving to Europe

danakittilsen

Country Flag
canada
Your name: Dana Kittilsen
Your Cruiser: A 1991 HDJ81, 330 000+ km on the 1HD-T
Mods on your Cruiser: 2.5" suspension, 35" tires, snorkel, cellular remote controlled webasto, Vinyl wrapped, 90L aux tank, converted to run on used vegetable oil, front bumper with winch, rear bumper with 80L slip tank.
Plans for your Cruiser: Drive it until the end of time.
4x4 Experience: Various mountain trails in Western canadian mountains, Forest Service Roads
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: have put 80 000km on since adding the ability to run on veggie oil. Had one filter starting to clog on me

I will be leaving Valhalla Centre, Alberta to drive across Canada and putting my cruiser on a boat bound for Bremerhaven. Starting on a 1 year youth mobility visa in Germany, hoping to immigrate somewhere to be with my Dutch girlfriend.
We plan to start with the summer of Northern Norway to Southern Spain

Plans for your Cruiser: Drive it until the end of time.
i like that, and your adventure in both life and on the road sounds fantastic.
Why dont you get the boat to iceland and really start off your adventure as you mean to go on..

Hi Dana and welcome to this most friendly forum. I seriously admire what you're doing. You are clearly young, have an 80 and a Dutch girlfriend, live in Canada and want to explore in your 80 until the end of time (really like that bit). You've got your life pretty much sorted at a young age so hats off to you. :thumbup::clap:
I'm not envious, no, no, not at all!!
The Iceland suggestion from CG is sound. Iceland is an amazing place if a bit expensive.

Good luck in all that you do, seems like you've had a bit already so hope it stays with you.

Best wishes
Richard

Edit, what age does a 'Youth mobility visa' go up to?

Hello

I've kinda done it the other way around, driven across Canada, and driven Norway from Spain, 'Cape to Cape' so your adventure will be great.

check out the Buschtaxi in Germany for everything Cruiser.

Yes welcome Dana.
I am toying with a long Canada trip from east to west.
Would love to know your route across Canada if you are trying to do some interesting stuff not just racing across.
Cheers.

All the above... welcome aboard Dana :thumbup:

(By the way, there’s a tenuous connection, I’m English, live in Romania, and I’m stuck in Montreal for another 3 weeks before I can go home :()

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Dana, Sounds like you've got your life priorities right. Well done. You're gonna love Europe its a great place to be overlanding. If you find your way to England do let us know. We're spread far and wide and the kettles always on here.....

Welcome Dana, Sounds like you've got your life priorities right. Well done. You're gonna love Europe its a great place to be overlanding. If you find your way to England do let us know. We're spread far and wide and the kettles always on here.....
:text-+1:

Back