Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

CANCELLED: Plains play day and braai 20 August

Re: Plains play day and braai 20 August

what time does it start because we don't do all day play days i get travel sick

Not sure if Tommo will see this guys

He is spending a lot of time driving his new ship and I don't know if he is around then.. I will get in touch with him.

Don't forget your toolkit or possibly shotgun Ecky :lol:

Can't believe I won't make this one, first one I've ever missed, wanted to try out the 100 too.
Make sure this IFS thingy is as good as it looks.

Trevor said:
Don't forget your toolkit or possibly shotgun Ecky :lol:
Why is it always me :?: :violin:
Keep away from them bleedin deer this time Trev :!: :!:

:( It being mine and my daughter's 2nd birthday that week... Enjoy chaps.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

If anyone wants the current gpx I have for the day then let me know. I am doing my best to work out the best route and if anyone has anything to add do let me know.

I was thinking a start time around 10ish which should let everyone who wants to have beer or two on Friday night. Stop for lunch around 1:30/2ish and then maybe a few more hours on the trails for people to head around 5ish or after lunch if they want.

Will keep you posted and please let me know if you want to change the plans as i am very flex with no fixed plans.

So far we have 9/10 cruisers

I plan on doing a little recci on Sunday the 14th if my car is out from the panel beaters (fingers crossed) and driving the various trails I have to try and put a good day together for the next weekend. I also need to find a good spot for the lunch braai.

If anyone want to join let me know. I will keep you posted on the panel beaters situation and update closer to the time.

warrenpfo said:
I plan on doing a little recci on Sunday the 14th if my car is out from the panel beaters (fingers crossed) and driving the various trails I have to try and put a good day together for the next weekend. I also need to find a good spot for the lunch braai.

If anyone want to join let me know. I will keep you posted on the panel beaters situation and update closer to the time.

Can't do Sunday the 14th or the following "propper" day out, but I'm free on Satuday the 13th so if you can do the 13th I could join you :pray:

I will push the body shop and see what they can do. The Sat is the better day for me as the wife returns from Portugal and is going to freak if I am not about but was going to deal with it at the time.

Watch this space.

warrenpfo said:
I will push the body shop and see what they can do. The Sat is the better day for me as the wife returns from Portugal and is going to freak if I am not about but was going to deal with it at the time.

Watch this space.

Sam issue with my Mrs comming back on Sunday, hence why I preferred Sat. Let me know

Braai....braai........braai.......... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sounds like a plan!

Just say where you guys are planning to meet. Car park/pub etc. a postcode for the newbie's would be appreciated. ;)

I have another 2 Saffa's with Cruisers that would be very interested to join. The rest of GoingDownSouth Team.

Hope to catch up soon!

Tony just got a call to say the car will be ready tomorrow after 11am which is a result. Only problem is that the wife is now back on Saturday and not Sunday so if we go its going to have to be an early start if possible.

Will keep you posted tomorrow as I have to pick up the car do the shopping pack the car as I had to take everything out and to top it off the wife arrives around 5ish and her family arrive at 8ish from Europe for a week so have been ordered to make sure everything is tip top.

Hey Warren, that's cool. Actually I got things wrong and I can actually go either Saturday or Sunday. Early start is ok with me.... I don't mind getting up at Sparrows if it's not for work :cool:

Let me know either way

{Edit} or both days :twisted:

For those at a loose end TonyP and I are doing a bit of a recci drive tomorrow meet at he Bustard Inn (9:30) for a relaxed day out nothing too serios as my car has just returned from the panel beaters looking all shiny and new.

Its so that I can put a good route together for next weekends outing and I need to be back in Berkshire for 4:30 latest maybe a bit earlier if possiable.

What a day out, packed up the truck left with plenty of time to spare and hit the road. I got to Bustards Inn around 9:10 to see Tony in the car park already waiting.

We had a quick chat Tony brewed a cup and off we set to talk to the warden as red flags where flying as far as the eye could see :thumbdown:

After a brief discussion he mentioned the whole of the plains was shut for the weekend and that exercises where going to run right through the week as well.

He has given me a number to call for future plans so will update tomorrow on if next weekend can go ahead and we can start to make further plans.

We decided to go and find 5 fords in the area and after a few muddy tracks and some good banter over the cb we decided to hit the road home.

We won’t make the same mistake again and it was good to get out the house and have a play with my new GPS.

If you have MM i have a load of driven saved tracks, some are just outside the training area so avoids the red flag problem.
It may be possible that i can go along on the day dependant on work.

Paul

Many thanks feel free to post them off to warrenpfo AT gmail DOt Com and i will respond with the ones I have

If you free next weekend that would be great as we have 10 cars at the moment too much for one group so would need to break into 2 groups of 5.

Will call tomorrow to find out whats going on.

Back